Chapter 22 {Ryan's P.O.V}

"Arya!" I turned sharply at the sound of a mans voice. "Hey!" A man walked up, he was pretty handsome as he greeted Arya he put on a big smile. "Hey... Kyle how is it going?" The situation felt a bit awkward as they chatted. I raised an eyebrow at him when he glanced at me. "Who is this?" Kyle asked with an intimidating look. "Ah- Kyle meet Ryan-." "Her boyfriend." I concluded, I felt her confused look on me which made me smile, I liked the guys reaction more though. "Do you know Arya from school or something?" I asked but realistically I just wanted to know what his deal was. "Uh- I mean yeah I do." He answered glancing down at his feet. "Kyle is my ex boyfriend, Ryan." Arya added but didn't seem that bothered, now I understood. "So how has Caleb and Emily been? I saw them earlier but I didn't get a chance to ask-" "Wait you saw them? Here?" Arya seemed a bit irritated, she was really mad at them. "Yeah? You didn't come here with them?" Arya let out a huge sigh. "No but I know they're here now so that's great... Well it was nice talking to you Kyle." Kyle's eyes widened slightly. "Wait, there's a reason why I stopped you... You didn't respond to my texts so I was wondering if your number changed?" She gave him a weird stare that I couldn't even read, I was kinda glad it wasn't towards me. "No, I just don't have anything to say to you." "I want to make up though, you look so good now and seem so much happier." I cocked an eyebrow feeling a bit annoyed, good now? I bet she's always looked good though. " "I'm happier now because my problems have blown over." "Oh.. What ever happened to that one guy? Devin or Derrick was his name?" She gave a look of disgust. "He's in jail for abuse charges if you care that much to know." "Oh... I am so, so sorry Ary." The way he used her nickname made my stomach twist, I put my arm around her shoulder with an intimidating look, the guy ignored my glare. "So, you wanna text later or something?" I actually couldn't believe this guys attempt, did he not hear me earlier when I said she was my girl? I mean she really wasn't so I can't get mad but he just doesn't care. Arya didn't respond but shook her head with a sigh. "Kyle." She said sternly. "I get it, I messed up, I should've stayed by your side when your parents died and shouldn't have cheated, it's just, you got so depressed and stopped being a good girlfriend so I went somewhere else..." The anger on her face wasn't visible she just seemed emotionless which scared me a bit more. I grabbed her face to tilt it towards me and planted a soft kiss on her lips which made her freeze up. I glared at the stupid annoying guy in front of us who finally nodded and decided to leave. "Right. Sorry, you two have fun on your date, Arya call me when you're single." I released her and watched him walk off with his tail between his leg, her face was flushed red. "Sorry, it's just he was really annoying me." I shrugged but all she did was glare at me. "That was not smooth at all, I am a sinner for kissing someone I am not dating." I shrugged, I wasn't going to bust the question out yet but I couldn't help it, the guy wouldn't get the hint. She rolled her eyes and walked off as I followed her. "I should've known Emily and Caleb were going to be here, it's like our tradition." I nodded looking around to see if I spot them, it'be a blessing if we didn't have to run into them. I looked around to try my best to lead her away from them, I really didn't want this to be ruined. We went on a bunch of rides and lucked out by not seeing them for awhile until we went to get food. We waited in line when I noticed two happy people sharing an ice cream with each other, Shit. I glanced at Arya ready to get her attention but she already noticed them, she had a sour look on her face. Emily spotted us first with a nervous grinned which I returned, they walked over to us, God why did girls HAVE to stop by. "Hey, why aren't you returning my calls?" Emily stared at Arya who didn't answer, Arya only looked over Emily's shoulder at her brother, it felt immediately awkward. "Oh- I'm here with him because-" "Because you two are dating." Spoke like she was ready to stab them, there was definitely more to the story than us guys were let on. Emily glanced at Caleb who awkwardly shrugged. "Us dating doesn't really effect you, I don't know why you're so unhappy with it." Emily replied. Arya gave the sharpest and iciest glare I've ever seen on a girl. "My best friend hooking up with my brother and then keeping it a secret from me isn't going to effect me? Not only that but you promised-" "Promises were meant to be broken." I glanced towards Caleb feeling awkward. Arya let out a sigh and grabbing my hand. "Let's go." I followed her taking one last glance back, that was handled terribly. "Are you sure you wanna leave things like that?" Arya shrugged. "She usually get's like this when she is upset and doesn't know what to do, it's best to leave her alone." I nodded. "Well let's go ride the Ferris wheel, it's the last one." She nodded with a small smile.