Till Death Do us Part

Down the aisle together. Down the road together. Down to hell alone.

Yes, in the beginning, I loved you. I was faithful, but i was stupid.

You cheated, beat me, and lied. Every night you threatened to leave. Said I was worthless. The next day you would apologize, just to escape and sleep with another woman. You smoked, drank, and spent every sober moment high. I was just there to give you a house and food for not only you but also the countless sluts you would sneak in.

Not tonight. Tonight is going to be different. You weren’t going to take advantage of me. 

He banged the door opened, and arrived in his usual manner. His front was covered in white powder, and his eyes bloodshot. The smell of stale alcohol hovered around him, as he fell onto his usual couch to watch his usual late night trashy television program.

A fake smile was plastered on my face, with the calm anger frozen behind my mask. I wasn’t going to put up with any more of his whores, any more drugs, or any more lies. I wasn’t going to put up with him anymore.

Screaming at me from my tiny living room was custom, but tonight I did not fight back. On the contrary, I prepared his beer with extreme care. I pulled the almost frozen beverage from the fridge, and poured it into a different frozen glass with ice. Reaching into the cabinet above me, I procured a simple white box. A small black skull was painted on the side but my index finger covered it as I poured the contents into his glass.

The frigid glass burned my fingers as picked up the almost frozen beer. With only several degrees before turning to ice, I presented him his last drink. He greedily gulped down the liquid. Before  consumed even half the glass, his eyes bulged slightly and he slumped forward. My smile only widened as I saw him shudder several times, then lie still.

After all…. isn’t revenge best served cold?