🔥Flames In The Wind🌪

Despite all the eyes spying on them, Elaine stood firmly next to the man she loved, almost sticking onto his body. But their eyes never meet, not that it was ever allowed. She did miss those green eyes, however, how they warmed the bottom of her heart, how they changed this horrible winter into the best in her life.

And they will not take him away from me.

Not again.

Slowly her hands approached to his, electricity ran through their veins the moment their skin touched. Her heart burnt from the fire within, and nothing, not even the snowstorm outside would be able to put it out.

"Seth?" She breathed, so quiet as if she was afraid that she would wake a sleeping baby. The air came out of her lips were like smoke, but soon vanished into the freezing winter.

"Five more minutes." Seth replied, simple and emotionless. He was ready.

"I will never allow this to happen, Seth. I promise." Her voice shook, not by the coldness but by the fear deep in her heart, she doubted how she was able to hold so much faith in something so impossible.

"Elaine, sometimes we just don't have everything in control. This is not your fault. Nor is this your responsibility." He turned to face her, putting his palm over her cheek, "Now I am ready to face the consequences of my doing."

"Don't." She whispered, hot tears boiling in her eyes. Yet she refused to let any down, no, she would not cry now. "Seth, I can't do this without you."

"You have to." His eyes beamed with sorrow and fear, "If you don't let me go, we wouldn't be able to finish this whole damn task. Elaine, you are our only hope."

Before she could open her mouth to argue again, he crushed his lips to hers. He pressed his lips against hers so hard as though the end of the world was drawing near. His arms tightened around her waist, something about it felt so tragic and mysterious. She sucked hard into his lips, she longed for him even more than she longed for oxygen. Fires were sent burning down her spine, she held onto the only thing she had. She would forsake the whole world for him. Only him.

All of a sudden the window smashed open in a very unwelcoming manner, groups of men flocked into the room armed with weapons. Not even that was able to tear them apart. It wasn't until a well-built man pull Seth away did she started screaming. "NO!" She yelled at the top of her voice, although her lungs still ache, she couldn't care less. Two men held her still so that she wouldn't interrupt their business, for the first time in her life, she had never felt so powerless.

"Elaine," Seth breathe heavily, "Just let them take me away."

The man who pulled Seth away made sure he had Seth securely tight up, when the other men asked what to do with Elaine, he simply said "Release her, as long as she doesn't get in the way." Which earned her a kick in the stomach, and a spit in the face. Down she was tossed on the cold hard floor, the flames ignited again within her body. Slowly she stood up again, hands shaking. People were ready to leave, departing with Seth cuffed and hurt.

I will not allow this to happen.

I will not lose him again.

Her first victim was the men who stood the closest to her, her fist didn't even feel the pain as it went blowing across his face. Her blood boiling underneath her skin, violence was something familiar to her, she wouldn't admit it to anyone that she kind of missed it.

After gaining access to his weapon, she swayed the blade to the men running to her direction. Blood spilled over the floor and the walls, creating a strange kaleidoscope of darkness. Someone grabbed her by the arm, she did not hesitate to stab the blade into his chest. Several arrows came flying in her way, though she managed to block a few with the help of her blade, some still found their way into her flesh. Pain stung in her body, but everything was minor then. I will not lose him.

Another person stood in the way between her and the man she loved, it was a wonder how he could still be alive in this sort of weather without wearing a shirt. His muscles plain in sight, sweating a bit for the little exercise she provided. He was twice her size, the competition was calling for an unfair start. Despite the countless battles she had fought throughout her life, she would not give in just yet, not for Seth.

A loud clang occurred when her blade met his sword, making it difficult to take another move. Stuck in the same posture, she struggled to give him a kick under his belt. Quickly she freed her blade in the little amount of time she saved for herself, but it wasn't good enough, not enough to defeat him. She tried to find his weak spots to attack, but it only got her blading flying across the room. She cursed under her breath, she should've taken a sword, or anything bigger and better for the fight. But she would not lose now.

Before he had time to make another attack, Elaine climbed onto his body, first his torsos then his shoulders, and she turned her body, forcing her opponent the spin upside down with her. When both were lying on the ground, Elaine's legs were locked around his neck. She ended the men's life by switching his neck clean and fast before he could react. Swiftly she took the sword in her hand, five down, one more to go.

As she raised her head, the sight she saw made her heart skipped a beat. The man who cuffed Seth earlier was now pointing an arrow at the side of Seth's neck. "Drop your weapon, otherwise I will fire." He commanded in a low voice, probably regretting having underestimated the girl standing in front of him a couple of minutes ago.

Her hands shook, barely holding on to the sword. She won the previous battles, but lost the war. No matter what choice she make now wouldn't put the two of them to good endings, nonetheless, she would not allow any harm come to Seth. I will not lose him again.

She dropped the sword, and her heart dropped with it.

"Very good." A smirk drew across the man's lips, "Looks like we could add another woman to our list." He lowered the bow, apparently intending to tight Elaine up as well. Whereas, just about at the same moment, Seth wrapped his handcuffs around the man's neck. He chocked and dropped his weapon, unable to move. "Elaine!" Seth exclaimed, but she did not need further instructions as she picked up the sword and approached. She cut the man's knee at first and got him kneeling on the ground. She stabbed the sword into the man's chest after Seth backed for space.

After all the crashers lay dead on the floor, the two lovers soon made their way to each other. Elaine held her arms tight around the man she loved, and she secretly swore to herself that she would never ever let him go again.

"I love you." Seth breathed. "I love you too." Elaine replied. There was nothing more to say, there was no words needed.

Now they must go on the run, with people chasing after them, with a great task at hand, the burdens were heavy. Nevertheless, no matter the circumstances, they would never leave each other again.