⚔️Blood & Darkness⚔️

Darkness swallows me as I corner myself into the shadow. My fingers swim across the cold hard floor in order to find something, anything, to get me out of this heated mess. However, it only gets harder and harder because my hands are tied up behind my back. A glint of light shines through the buttom of the door. They are coming. I know they are. And I know they won't have enough mercy not to kill me.

I swallow, a strage smell fills my nose, I wonder if it's the smell of blood. My right arm still suffers from the attack, blood streams down along my arm to my palm. Fear rises inside my chest, something in the air makes me breathe faster and faster. Stop, I tell myself, you are not afraid. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath. Think about Finn, Will, Rachel and all who got killed so as to save my life. I take another deep breath. I will not die for nothing.

I won't die now.

Something stings my finger tips, I allow my fingers to touch it again, coldness runs through my veins.

Found it.

I move my body a little to the right, after a few seconds of touching, I get hold of the object. It's a freaking knife, about three inches in length. They actually kidnapped a girl and threw her into a room with a knife. I laugh.

I quickly untie myself and stand up, suddenly feeling a bit dizzy in my head, forcing me to lean onto the walls. I need to figure out a way to escape, the door is an absolute no. They could be outside, waiting to enter at any moment. Yet there seems to be no other exit, the only light is down the buttom of the door. No windows. I try to recall the memories of entering this room, after they threw me in, before they shut the door, the only moment I had enough light to check out this room. What did I see?

Blood.

The sound of footsteps takes place right outside the door, the shadow of the person twists on the floor. I jump back down to my little corner, placing my hands behind my back, pretending to be tied still.

The door cracks open, making a huge sound in the silence. A man kicks the door wide open, with a gun in his hand. He takes his steps slowly and carefully, and stops when he reaches the spot right in front of me. "Having a pleasant evening, princess?" He asks in a disgusting tone, his leg won't stop shaking, making his military pants losing its dignity.

I do not look up. I do not answer. I will not give in. Another man enter the dark room, carrying a much heavier gun in his arms. "C'mon, Steve." he says, "There's no time to waste."

"What do you want from me?" I ask, my voice as firm as my will, even though I know the answer to my stupid question already. Death. They want me to die.

Steve kneels down, placing us at the same level. I glare at him, the smell of alcohol fills my nose as he speaks. "You know your little friends were being quite naughty outside our gates." He points his gun on my boots, "They paid their price, now it's your turn."

I manage to act before he does, I stab my knife into the left of his neck. He struggles a little at first, losing the light in his eyes then. The man by the door soon realizes what's going on, and he begins to shoot at our direction. I lift Steve's body up in front of me like a shield as the bullet missed my injured arm. I pull the knife out from Steve's neck, putting it into my pocket. I will need it later. Looking down, I search for Steve's handgun which was in his hand a moment ago, meanwhile using his body to protect me from the bullets of his friend. As soon as my finger tips touch the pistol on the floor, I drop the dead body. My body leans to the right as I load the gun and take my shot. The bullet hits right into his chest, making his knees drop to the ground, so as his gun.

However, he didn't waste his bullets, either. Pain stings in my left shoulder, a silent cry escapes my mouth. Thank God I leant a little to my right, otherwise the bullet would've be stuck in my shoulder right now. I tear a piece of cloth from my shirt to stop the blood from streaming out, tying a knot around my shoulder. I let out a deep breath which I didn't know I was holding, allowing myself 2.5 seconds to rest, steady my heartbeats. I take off Steve's jacket and put in on, finding a flashlight in his pocket. I look around the room with the light source I was desperately in need of just a dozen minutes ago, proving myself to be right. There's no window, no exit, but the door. I put Steve's pistol inside my pocket, and carry the heavier gun in my arms.

I walk out of the room after peeking the hallway. There's no retreat, zero regret. The time of revenge has come, and I will not hesitate.

The End.