The Christmas Kiss

Holidays are your favorite. You enjoy the cold weather, the bundling up in coats and sweaters and when it begins to snow. You love the chocolate drinks and sweets that everyone makes, how the time of year seems to bring everyone together. There's Christmas trees and presents, and going home to see your family.

Except this year.

This year blows.

You're very much displeased to find yourself at Malfoy manor this year for Christmas, as the Malfoy's are hosting a large event in order to show off their wealth, you've decided. Being a pure blood and influential family, of course your family is attending and staying for several days despite the fact you'd stated you'd rather go back to school then step on foot in the horrid place.

Well, you have not returned to school.

The manor is impressive, there is no denying that. The gravel driveway is wide with hedges curving alongside it. Halfway you have to stop at a pair of wrought-iron gates, magicked to only permit individuals who are invited, and to form into some awful face and demand the purpose of anyone else who wishes to enter. You're a little impressed, you wouldn't mind having something like that on your bedroom door at home.

The manor itself is perhaps your favorite. It seemed to grow out of the darkness at the end of the straight drive, lights inside every diamond-paned window on the lower level. You can see that it's surrounded by an elaborate gardens, and you could hear a fountain when you appeared.

When your family had approached the front door, it had opened on its own, revealing a large hallway that was dimly lit, but of course stylishly decorated with a beautiful carpet covering most of the stone floor. The portraits hanging there unsettle you, however, with their serious faces, blonde hair letting you know they're the past owners, previous Malfoy's.

Your mother seems to know exactly where to go as you and your father trail after her, heading straight down the entrance way to where you can see a bronze-handled door. It opens as she nears, and a bubble of voices are finally audible.

You sigh.

You're not going to enjoy this vacation as much as you had hoped. You're nervous, you have yet to tell your parents of the fact you and Fred Weasley have something, that you might be dating, and you'll just die if Malfoy even utters a word about it! You're not sure how they're going to react, despite the fact he's as pure blooded as you are. Still, the fact his family isn't wealthy might be a problem, although your parents aren't nearly as close minded as Draco's.

You bite your lower lip as you enter the drawing room, seeing other guests already crowding about. Your mother makes a happy sound as she finds Narcissa Malfoy, the two hurrying towards each other so that they can embrace like school girls.

You hear your father sigh.

Perhaps this visit was more of your mothers idea then his own. You glance up at him, seeming the same polite expression on his face as yours, but neither of you are where you want to be. You glance around at the drawing room, finding it a tad large for your taste.

The ceilings are extremely high, and large crystal chandeliers dangle from gold chains. There's an overly long table towards the ornate marble fireplace, a gilded mirror above it to reflect the room. The walls are a dark purple, and otherwise the room has the normal furniture one would expect. You suppose the Malfoy's are used to receiving large groups of people, so perhaps the size to them is normal, but you find it rather over the top.

You're sure the rest of their manor is no different.

You spot Draco instantly, standing at his fathers side, both of them talking to some wizards gathered in front of them. He looks rather nice, dressed in tailored black clothing instead of school robes, his blonde hair brushed to the side; you're glad he doesn't slick it down anymore. His father stands proudly beside him, just a little taller now, holding his cane at his side like he always does.