"come on, it's really warm,"  

"I said no,"   

"It's better if you get here willingly,"  

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shane gave me a devilish smile.  

"You wouldn't want me to drag you here, would you?"  

"Oh, you wouldn't,"  

"Yes, I would,"  

"You wouldn't," I shook my head taking a step backwards. Shane started swimming to the river bank. I took three more steps backwards.   

Run!  

"I know what you're thinking," Shane said getting out of the water. He was shirtless. His abdomen was on sight and I really needed self-control not to stare. His pants were damped sticking to his muscular legs, "I would catch you in a heartbeat if you try to run," he whispered darkly.   

Being the half-witted person I was, I turned on my feet and ran for my life. Remember the fact that I was not good at walking through the forest? Well, imagine how much I sucked at running through it. I grimaced in pain as the rocks hit my feet. It was a good thing I had my converse.     I felt stupid. What was I thinking? It was useless to run. Shane was a football player; he was taller and faster than me so what was the point of running?

To save your dignity.

I kept my futile attempt of escape ignoring the pain in my toes each time I stepped on a rock. I really needed to learn how to walk on this type of surface. If I ever got to a survival situation, you know like when people get lost in the woods or the plane crashed in an isolated island; I was sure I was going to be dead before  I could even realized I was in a life and death situation. My survival instincts sucked big day. 

"Jones!" Shane wrapped his arm around my waist from behind. I shrieked and felt a déjà vu sensation. This was exactly how it happened that day I tried to run from him. 

"Let go of me!" I was not going to give up without putting up a fight. I struggled, kicked, screamed and even tried to bite his arm. Shane didn't even flinch or made no attempt to let me go. 

"Stop struggling!" He exclaimed steadying me. I growled like a savage animal. It was then he pressed me against his body and I could feel his wet naked torso on my back. I could feel the heat coming from his skin. Shivers went through my spine as his hot breath began brushing the back of my neck.

"Shane, let me go," I said each word slowly but couldn't help feeling nervous. We were too close for my like. Too closed.

"Nope," Shane stated and bended over to lift me and carry me bridal style.

"No! No!" I screamed hitting his hard chest as he walked back to the river. He was carrying effortlessly as if I weighed nothing "Shane! Stop! Don't do it! I will kill you!" Shane grinned down at me as he reached the river bank "Shane! Don't do it! Please! I..."

Think of something, Jules!

"I can't swim!" Wow, it was the first time I was actually telling a good reasonable lie.

"It's not a deep river," was Shane's reply before throwing me to the water. I screamed so loud, I swear I saw birds and owls running away from these woods. I landed on a big amount of cold water. I was swallowed by the river for a few seconds, my entire body shook by the unexpected change of temperature. I felt like small needles were piercing my bones softly. I emerged to the surface taking a puff of air, Shane was standing on a rock laughing.

"You stupid prick! You Idiotic self-centered bastard! You... You..." I was really angry but I was also running out insults. It wasn't like I had a big variety anyway, I was not a violent person but Shane definitely knew how to make me one "I'm going to kill you!" I promised him and I was really thinking about hitting him with a rock and throw him his body to the river. Jeez, I really needed to stop watching thrillers "You are so dead!" I yelled at him swimming to the rock where he was. I was pissed off. I was  not a fan of water besides this was freaking cold. I was going to die of hypothermia.

"How is the water?" He asked smirking at me.

"I hope you choke with your own saliva!" I aimed my finger at him "what’s wrong with you?!" 

"Oh, nothing, just thought you may need a bath. You stung," I glared at him.

"I hate you," I said passionately.

"No, you don't. I'm too hot to be hated,"

"You have a big ego, don't you?" I stared up at him. 

"Yes," he replied arrogantly.

"I bet that's the only big thing you have," It was my time to smirk up at him. Shane narrowed his eyes at me. 

"Nice one, Jones, but I suggest you don't start something you can't finish," he folded his arms across his chest. 

"What do you mean?" I frowned confused.  He squatted to be at my level.    "You're too innocent for your own good," he patted my head. I gave him a killer look, I got my hands on the rock to push myself up but slipped back down.

"Jesus, this is slippery and wet," I complained.

"That's what she said," Shane chuckled. I made a gag gesture.

"You are disgusting," I said finally getting out of the water. My clothes were sticking to my body. Shane's hazel eyes dropped from my face to chest and went down to my legs. I swallowed "Hey!" I snapped my fingers in front of his face, "were you checking me out?"

"I just realized you have an okay body. I mean, you're too skinny but I could still fu-"

"Shane!" I punched his chest "You are such a pervert!" my lower lip quivered from the cold. I was sure I was turning purple. 

"Let's go back before you pass out from the cold," he said starting to walk to the woods. I glared at his back whilst following him. 

**

"Mom! I'm home!" I shouted getting inside my house but of course I got no reply. My mother was probably still at the hospital. Shane had brought me home and then drove off saying he had something to do, well, he actually said he was going to 'bang' someone or something like that. I couldn't remember his words but I knew they were nasty. I let myself fall on my couch and closed my eyes.

Evan...

He hadn't left my mind in the entire day. How was it possible to like someone you haven't even seen? My phone was off so I plugged it to the nearest electric outlet and took a shower. After putting some warm clothes on, I went downstairs. I picked up my laptop and turned it on. Checking wattpad, I noticed my last message hadn't been sent just I expected. I sent a message saying hi to Evan but he didn't reply. That was how my boring Saturday started. I had nothing to do, well, I actually needed to do my homework but I didn’t feel like doing it right now. 

The night arrived and I was lying on my couch, checking wattpad each five minutes. Where was he? Most of the time he was online, it was weird not to get an instant reply from him. My face brightened up when I saw him online.

Him: Hi back.

Me: Finally, you're here.

Him: you were waiting for me? ;) 

Me: Hum, kind of.

Him: haha I know you can't live without me, peachy girl.

me: I thought we have gotten over the nicknames stage.

Him: Never.

Me: I should make up a pet name for you then.

Him: Nah, you're not creative enough, Mrs. Strawberry.

Me: Right.

Him: Do you have Skype? 

My heart stopped, ok, not literally because if my heart stopped I would be dead in a matter of seconds but you get my meaning. The eagles inside my stomach started fluttering making me feel nervous. Of course, I had Skype. It was program design to video chat. I usually used it with Laura or even Jason. 

Me: Yes, why?

I squeezed my sweaty hands waiting for his reply.

Him: Add me.

He gave me his Skype account and I was too socked to do something.

Me: You want to video chat... right now?

Him: Yes ;)

I clicked the Skype program opened in my laptop and logged in my account. I proceed to add him and he accepted me very quickly. My God, i wasn't ready to see him. My heart was hammering inside my chest, my throat was dry. My stomach kept fluttering, I felt like I was going to be sick anytime soon. 

I was going to see him... 

I was going to see Evan for the first time... 

I needed to breathe, I couldn't pass out.

His chat window on Skype popped up and it started loading the images from both cameras, his and mine. I combed my hair with my fingers desperately. Jeez, I was not prepared for this. 

What if he sees me and thinks I'm ugly?

What does he look like? 

Many questions were prowling around my collapsed mind. The loading process ended and the little boxes were our images displayed turned black before showing both of us. My heart skipped a beat as I looked at the face of the boy I liked for the first time.

"Hi," he whispered with that sexy voice of his.

X M W L x

A/N: Muahahaaa this is the most evil cliffhanger I've ever written :P Sorry but I just couldn't help it! It's like a drug to me.

For your information, guys, I upload each four of five days. I may even upload weekly. It depends on my work. I work from 6 am to 6 pm so be considerate with me. I had a busy life. 

Love and strawberries (normal ones, not green or yellow. I decided to stop rubbing my colorful fruits on your faces)

Arix <3