Don't Mess With David

As soon as I had gotten back home with Laddie, I put him back to bed and then I threw myself on my bed and completely knocked out right away.

The past week has been completely exhausting.

Making sure Laddie is sleeping at the correct times.

Dealing with David and all his needs.

The other boys.

Mostly Paul. Not even Marko.

The last time I had talked to Marko was when he told me "no hard feelings" but I think he just said it for the hell of it. He still resented me and David, and every now and then he and Paul would roll their eyes at me, or exchange some brief laughter.

Paul was a completely different story.

I had found out that the reason Paul resented me so much was because as soon as I had entered the gang, David had "completely changed." Supposedly he wasn't the same leader he used to be. I guess he was more ruthless. He was angry. He didn't give mercy. He was lonely. But then I came along. And I ruined Paul's fun.

He had finally said something when David announced we were leaving.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Paul shouted, "I don't want to leave."

David starred at Paul, not saying anything.

"Calm down," Dwayne told him.

"No! This is bullshit. I like it. We all like it here. I don't want to leave just because of this bitch."

I didn't have time to defend myself. David straight up punched Paul, knocking him to the floor holding his bleeding nose.

"If you don't like it, then by all means, leave our group. But we all know there's only one way to do that."

Paul stood up, going toe to toe with David. I stared wide eyed at the blood bath that was about to break out while Marko and Dwayne took a small step forward but still just watched without saying a word.

"You are completely whipped man," Paul told him.

All David did was smile.

"Guys, come one, you know you don't want to leave either. This place is great!" Paul looked at Dwayne and Marko for help, "Guys?"

Dwayne and Marko looked at the ground. They knew better. David made them. They owed him for their lives today. Like I did. And Paul. Paul was the first David. Which made me think that since Paul had been with David so long, maybe that's why he wasn't as scared of David as the others. And maybe that was just another reason he resented me. He wasn't David's favorite anymore.

David started laughing and put a hand on Paul's shoulder, "You owe Andrea an apology."

"Fuck that," Paul shouted, shoving David's hand off of him and stormed off.

I looked at David. Now he was angry. And soon he disappeared.

Marko, Dwayne and I all stood there. Not knowing what to do. I wanted to walk after them but Dwayne stopped me.

"Don't. It's Paul's fault. He shouldn't of said anything."

"Do you guys want to stay here?"

Marko and Dwayne both shrugged, "Doesn't really matter what we want," Marko said and walked away.

"I don't really care either way," Dwayne said standing there with me in the middle of the cave.

It was hours later that Paul and David came back. Paul had blood on him. A lot of it. Most of it seemed dried. Probably because he had healed already. Paul still looked pissed, but he apologized to me at some point during the rest of the night. Not even in an actual way, just murmured it as we walk away to the boys' sleeping quarters. David asked if I wanted a real apology and I said it was fine.

I hated to admit it, well not really, but I had David wrapped around my finger. I didn't mean to do it. But whenever I said something David listened. He got me whatever I wanted or needed and when he said I was his queen, he really meant it.  But, there was something missing. I didn't know what it was. I mean, I loved David. I knew I did. That's why I had finally given into my fate to becoming a vampire.

As long as I could make sure that Laddie would be okay, until sunset, then there was no reason for me to stay half-human. Right?

Whatever. Let me just enjoy my last night as a human. Because tomorrow night I'm changing. That's final.

ALAN

I was ready.

I wanted to kill them. All of them.

Well except Laddie and Andrea of course.

But especially David.

I had already told Edgar and Sam, that no matter what, David was mine. I was going to kill him, and there was nothing going to stop me. Especially now that we were standing outside the caves. At the entrance like we had almost a year ago.

Weapons ready.

"Fuck," Sam said, "Seems just like yesterday."

I nodded, entering the cave before the others and immediately laid my eyes on a sleeping Andrea.

"Should I go with you guys? Laddie and Andrea both looked pretty knocked out," I told Edgar and Sam.

"Go ahead and get them out of here," Edgar said.

We went our separate ways. First I grabbed Laddie, who only stirred a bit but didn't wake up. Instead he grabbed onto me and I took him to the truck parked on the beach. He was really light. But once I got him up there and got back to the cave I was already tired.

When I looked over to where I once saw Andrea sleeping, she wasn't there. There was a light breeze, and I turned around to her standing behind me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked.

She looked frantic, and I didn't want to explain, so I grabbed her. Holding her struggling body as hard as I could.

"Alan please don't do this, let me go."

She was strong, but it was daylight, and I was stronger. I started to make my way out the cave, but before I could even get to the exit, Edgar and Sam ran past me yelling "RUN."

Andrea started to stop struggling as hard and soon I was holding her bridal style while I carried her up the beach. Edgar and Sam had already started the car and when I got in the back I grabbed a jacket that was on the floor of the back seat and put it over Andrea who looked half asleep.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"It was a completely bust dude. They all slept in the same area. As soon as we killed one the rest ambushed. We barely made it out," Edgar explained as he took off.

It didn't take long to get home. And when we did Edgar grabbed Laddie from the back seat and I brought Andrea upstairs.

"Alan," Andrea said groggily as I took her up the stairs in the back of the comic book shop.

"I'm sorry. I know you're mad but I had to do this."

She shook her head slightly, "He's going to kill you."