Chapter 4

Hey guys hope you like it, I kind of sped through it, I was just eager to get back into writing about the boys... Feel free to comment/vote!

Enjoy xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood outside in the strong wind, my messy brown hair flying around. I hugged myself and crossed my arms, trying to stop myself from shivering. People roamed the streets in a hurry, using dark umbrellas to shield themselves for the spits of rain. I waited outside the hotel, wearing a comfortable, oversized piece of knitwear and some jeans. I felt exhausted after a harsh night with poor sleep, awoken early by the wind rushing past the window.

I looked around impatiently. I could not believe I was actually doing this? I began to have strong suspicions that they would never turn up. He had barely given me any details, and I was lost, simply hoping I had not waited out here for fifteen minutes for nothing. Scenarios began to appear in my head. Maybe they were playing a cruel joke on me, leaving me here in doubt while they laughed at me. How were they going to find me anyway? I had received no calls this morning whatsoever. I ran my fingers through my hair, and tears of irritation swelled up in my ears. Ugh, how could I have been this stupid? Did I really expect-? Never mind. I shook my head and took a final glance at the street before giving up and retreating. Nothing. Nothing but an old woman and a group of three girls in the distance.

I pulled on my sleeves in an attempt to cover my cold fingers and turned back towards the hotel, feeling incredibly down. That’s when I heard a whisper.

‘Marie!’

I turned around quickly, slightly surprised. A young man was looking at me, urging me to come closer, looking around, alert. He had dark hair and dark eyes. He wore that familiar high school bomber jacket style with some dark pants. I instantly smiled. He looked up and our eyes locked in.

I took a step closer.

‘Hey,’ I said, relieved.

‘Hey, sorry I’m late.’

‘I was beginning to think it was a prank,’ I admitted.

‘Now why would we do that to you?’ he smiled kindly.

‘You could have at least told me what time and where?’ I protested.

‘You clearly found your way,’ he reassured.

I made a grimace.

‘I was about to leave. You left me waiting in the cold.’ I added.

‘Aw, poor baby,’ he teased, rubbing my arms as if to warm them up.

‘Yes, that’s going to help,’ I grinned.

‘Well those gloves aren’t.’

I looked down at my fingerless black gloves and blushed. I gave him an innocent smile.

‘Girls these days…’ he shook his head.

I flashed him a greasy look and he laughed, until I melted and betrayed a smile.

He suddenly straightened as if alerted, looking around worriedly.

‘Are you being chased by the police or something?’ I chuckled.

‘No… I’m just hoping no one will notice me,’ he explained in a low voice.

I nodded in understanding, taking a look at our surroundings as well. There was barely anyone, but he was still at risk.