Chapter 5-The Not-Very-Big-Reveal

~ L̥ͦo̥ͦc̥ͦk̥ͦh̥ͦḁͦr̥ͦt̥ͦ~

  Little did "King" Xenomorph know, I was also good at stealth and unexpected attacks. As soon as I led his guard into a hidden area, I slammed into them and knocked them to the ground. I dropped down and landed next to them. I dragged them over to some bushes and hoped they would stay knocked out for a little while. I shapeshifted into a Parasite Changeling, not the exact one I had knocked out, but with some minor changes like hole location and armor color.

  I leaped back into the sky and looked for Cleo. I know she wouldn't recognize me but I had to make sure she wasn't trying to fight any of the Parasite Changelings. I hesitantly flew up above the giant swarm. I flew over everyone and headed towards the front, which is where I last saw Cleo. I searched around but couldn't find her anywhere. I started to search the entire swarm, but couldn't find anything.

  After a couple of hours of me searching, King Xenomorph ordered everyone to land. I didn't realize how tired I was til I set my hooves on the ground. As I looked around the area, I realized all of the Parasite Changelings were still perked up and vigilant. I sighed and muttered, "Why did I have to pick this species?" I lifted up my head and walked with purpose as the other Changelings curled up to sleep.

  I continued to walk around looking for Cleo until I got out of eye sight of the Parasite Changelings. As soon as I was behind a bush, something slammed into me and I turned back into my true form. I swung my head, using my antlers as weapons, and heard a cry of pain and felt a tug on my head. I jumped back and looked up to see that another Changeling I knew, Sweetie Glance, was standing in front of me. She was holding her side and looking at me with shock.

  "Lockhart! I didn't know it was you!"

  I glanced around and peeked over the top of the bush. I saw a few other species of Changelings looking in my direction, but none moved.

  "Have you seen Cleo?" I asked her in a hushed voice.

  "Uh, yeah. She's been ignoring you because you helped Xenomorph."

  I scoffed. "I didn't help him, I knocked out one of his soldiers as soon as I was out of eye sight and flew away."

  She was silent for a moment. "Well, in that case." She shapeshifted into Cleo.

  "Cleo?" I gasped.

  She rolled her eyes at me. "Yeah, it's me, now why were you looking for me?"

"Well, we can escape." I turned into a Parasite Changeling. "We can use these disguises to sneak past the guards."

Cleo studied me for a moment, then changed into a similarly looking Parasite Changeling. "I don't know why I'm teaming up with you but I have a feeling this may be my only chance of escape."

  I fluttered my wings to get ready to fly when the real Sweetie Glance jumped out of the bushes. "Waaaaait! Don't leave me here!"

  Cleo growled.

  "Glance, change into one of us," I whispered to her.

  She looked between me and Cleo, then closed her eyes for a moment. She shapeshifted into a Parasite Changeling. "How's this?"

  "Perfect," I replied with a grin.

  We leaped into the air and the others soon followed. I spun in a circle, looking for a way to go. I kept spinning until I saw lights in the distance. "There." I pointed towards them. "That may be a safe place to hide for now."

  The others nodded and we started to head in that direction.

~~~~~~~~~~