Artemis Gets Suspicious

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Percy Jackson, nor Heroes of Olympus, Rick Riordan does

Artemis' POV:

I was sitting in the middle of another boring council meeting. I can't believe we get anything done these days, all we ever do in these meetings is just sit around and complain about the most trivial of topics, like how Aphrodite lost her scarf. My thoughts were slowly drifting toward my late Guardian, my impulsive, brave, seaweed headed guardian. Suddenly I felt as if someone was tapping into my domain was calling upon the power of the moon. I sat straight up and closed my eyes pulling up an image of Heracles scowling at a young boy who wielded a spear.

'This doesn't make sense. Why would this boy take on this pile of filth?' I thought to myself as I noticed Heracles step back in shock. I quickly look at the boy and I see his eyes flash silver and a silver aura surround him. I stare at the boy as he says something before he speeds towards Heracles in a flash of silver. 'No, this can't be happening. The bow must have some left-over power that it is lending him' I conclude but the longer I watch the fight the more I'm convinced that the bow wasn't the thing that was supplying the power, it was in fact the boy.

After the fight, I saw Phoenix flame travel in and catch the boy. Suddenly, I'm shaken out of the vision by my idiot brother Apollo. I open my eyes to see my sibling staring at me with concerned eyes.

"I'm fine Apollo, just felt a power surge in one of my domains" I said off handedly and he nodded

As soon as Apollo sat down in his throne, Phoenix flashed into the room with the boy and his companions. I watched the boy scan the throne room before his eyes locked onto me and he muttered something that I couldn't hear before he passed out but I somehow knew what he said.

'Arty, that's what he said before he passed out. But that doesn't make sense... "I thought to myself as Phoenix explained what happened during the quest. I soon found myself staring at the young boy who, funnily enough, was named Perseus Achilles Jackson. 'It has to be a coincidence.' I convinced myself that this boy was just lucky but I made a mental note to keep an eye on him.

"Artemis, what are you views on the boy?" My father said and I looked at him after tearing my eyes off of the young demigod

"I don't think you should kill him father, He did return your bolt, and he also put Heracles in his place" I say and look at Hera who seemed to gain a small smile

"Well it seems we are at a standstill. Guardians..." Zeus started but covered his mouth when he said Guardians but I just shrugged, something about this boy and what I saw him do, it changed how I felt about Percy's death all those years ago

It still affected me greatly, the greatest man to have ever graced the earth died giving his life for me. I loved my guardian, and if he hadn't died, there was no doubt that I would have asked Chaos to destroy my oath so I could be with him. I never got over it, every year on his birthday I would cry in my chariot reliving the memories that I shared with him. My Percy Jackson, Guardian of the Hunt, the only man to catch the eye of the moon goddess. I felt myself tearing up and the council meeting was halted as Mary, Hermes Guardian, flashed out and returned with my Lieutenant, Zoe Nightshade.

"Mi' Lady are you alright?" Zoe said as she helped me off my throne after I turned to a normal height and we sat next to each other at the base of my throne "Thinking about Percy again Artemis?"

To this I nod, Zoe just pulled me into a hug and I gratefully return it. The throne room is silent except for my sniffling as I calm down and the crackling of the hearth where the Athena Spawn and satyr were sitting. I saw the boy's head in the girl's lap and I felt a twinge of jealousy. I pushed the feeling down when a groan filled the room. I saw the boy shift and move his head from the girl's lap before sitting up and holding his forehead as if he was having a massive headache. The boy then opened his eyes to reveal an ocean of sea green.

'Just like Percy's... In fact, this boy... looked like a younger Percy...' I thought to myself as the boy stumbled to the center of the throne room and dropped to a knee as Phoenix walked over to Zoe and handed her, Anaklusmos.

Zoe nodded in thanks and Phoenix walked back to the hearth where he took a knee. I just looked at my father and nodded my head to show him to go on with the meeting.

"Mr. Jackson, I thank you for returning my bolt to me, as well as taking care of my pathetic son Heracles." Zeus said and the boy looked up

"Thank you, Lord Zeus," He said and Zoe nudged me

I looked at her and her eyes told me everything, she saw the resemblance between the boy and our former Guardian. I nodded to her saying that I saw it as well but I knew that she thought it was just a coincidence as well.

"Young demigod, it seems that the council has decided to not kill you. There are a number of factors that lead to this decision, the first one being that my beautiful wife Hera has convinced me to give you a chance, the second being that you are in line for the great Prophecy" Zeus explained and the boy nodded

"Lord Zeus, may I ask a question?" he asked and Zeus nodded his head "I wish to travel the united states for a year, I feel that I may help me in the future" Zeus seemed to ponder this and when he looked at me I frowned

"Father, I will not allow to have a male demigod be a part of my hunt. But I do agree that him traveling the states for a year would do him good." I say and Zeus nods

"Very well, Mr. Jackson, your request will be granted. You will travel the United States for the course of one year, by the end of that year you will return to Camp half-blood to continue your training." Zeus announced and I saw the boy smile while the girl and Satyr obviously didn't expect this to happen "Where do you wish to be dropped off?"

"Los Angeles please, I have a way to get around" the boy explained and Zeus nodded

"If that is everything, this meeting is over" Zeus thundered and Phoenix walked over to the boy and they disappeared

I just flashed back to my hunters and Zoe walked me to my tent where I bid her a good night before I walked in. When I entered my tent my eyes landed on a round celestial bronze shield with a lunar crescent in the middle.

"I still love you Percy" I say as I walk over and put a hand on the shield "I will always love only you"

A/N: Hey guys, don't worry. I will keep writing, but I thought it would be nice if Arty got a point of view in. it's been a while.

~Major Nich