23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE:
LOVE TO HATE IT.

" But you can do whatever, talk that talk and raise the heat
The more you push me over
I know that you're the one for me.
Don't wanna let you know
I really love to hate ir
I'll never let it show
But you make me go crazy, crazy. "

____

NARRATOR

Breathing heavily and with both eyes wide open, Arabelle sits right up on the orange couch, her hands gripping tightly Jace's hands as she looks around the living room — Isabelle and Alec gasp in relief as they kneel beside Jace's and Arabelle's now living bodies.

"By the angel, you're back!." Isabelle shouts blissfully and relieved as she hugs Arabelle by the shoulders, Arabelle still disoriented looks around — Searching for the familiar figures. And in the corner of the room both parents stare in confusion at the new becoming world of theirs.

Everyone follows Arabelle's gaze, Alec and Isabelle's mouths fall wide agape.

"Are they-?." Alec stumbles upon his words while Arabelle slowly nods.

"My parents." She breathes out, her voice hoarse and out of breath.

Isabelle unwraps her arms from Arabelle's shoulders and immediately she stands up, not caring about the scene she was about to cause. Walking fast to the confusing pair, and throwing herself into them — Their arms wrapping around their beloved and lost child as tears fall down their cheeks — wetting Arabelle's hair as her father kisses her forehead in a way a father does, and as her mother grips tight on Arabelle's back never wanting to lose her again.

Jace stares as his mouth forms into a blissful smile — Arabelle finally in the arms of her family, he was truly happy that at last one of them found their place.

Arabelle departs slightly, with tears in her eyes she takes both of their hands and looks at them in the eyes.

"We should go to the Institute — Get you some fresh clothes and food." Arabelle smiles brightly.

"Sounds good to me, sweetie." Her mother replies, caressing Arabelle's brunette locks.

Arabelle glances back, looking at Alec, Isabelle, Jace and a highly confused Magnus.

"Let's go."

____

"Arabelle!." Maryse shouts as soon as she sees her daughter pass through the wooden doors of the Institute, running towards her and pulling her into a tight hug. "Don't ever do that to me again, you hear me?." She sighs, caressing Arabelle's hair. "By everything that's holy, i was so worried." Opening her eyes she sees the two people that she thought she would never see again.

Maryse departs slowly, her mouth slightly open at her old friends. "Peter, Cassia." She mutters and they both nod slightly. "How-."

"It's a long story, mother, lets get our new guests comfortable." Alec says, motioning with his head to Peter and Cassia, promptly following behind. Maryse stares in shock, she looks at Arabelle who sighs.

"I'm exhausted, Mom, can we talk about this tomorrow?." Arabelle asks, the purple bags underneath her eyes being noticeable, Maryse gulps down before stiffly nodding.