Chapter Eighteen

Thysia's POV

Glace has been acting strangely lately. He's more distant and is constantly nervous.

I'm worried about him. He's my lil' bro, so I watch over him even if he is stronger than me.

Wow...I actually said it! In my head...but still!

Mistis is so going to rub in my face...not gonna tell her.

I walk up to Glace, who is watching the waves of the lake in the sunset, and stand beside him.

I don't think he notices me.

"Nice day today, right?" I ask casually. No response.

I clear my throat and say loudly.

"NICE DAY TODAY, HUH, GLACE?"

He jumps and faces me with fear and alarm on his face.

I burst out laughing at his facial expression, and he scowls at me.

"Not funny," he says in an empty voice.

I stop. "Hey, Glace. What's been going on lately? You're super distant and you don't even talk to us anymore!"

His eyes harden, and he just turns away.

"I'm busy with the...war. You know, it's hard. Tartarus coming and all that," he says in a not-so-stable voice.

Alright, I'm suspicious. We haven't gotten anything disturbing about them. He shouldn't be worrying. It's a lame excuse.

"Percy," I use his name for more effect, "I know you're hiding something. Please. You can tell me. You can tell Mistis and the rest of us. Just don't hide anything. We can help you."

"No! You don't understand. He can just easily harm you or...kill you," his eyes are drowned in worry and frozen in fear.

"Percy, who is 'he'?"

"He's a-uh...a nobody. Don't worry about it," his voice suddenly changes. It seems really stiff and forced.

Suddenly, I realize what is happening.

"Oh gods! You're possessed! Zeus's Bolt I need to get Mistis!" I run off.

He just stands there and seems to be having an internal struggle, so I leave him there.

I find Mistis fairly easily.

"Mistis! Glace is possessed!" I yell out to her.

She spins around from her fight with Epidex and speeds off with me while Epidex follows behind us.

"What happened?"

"I was talking to him and then I connected the dots and figured out he was being possessed!" I answer as we find Percy, who is groaning and holding his head.

He looks up upon our arrival.

Mistis gasps at the color of his eyes.

He smiles at us and says in a voice that sounded older than Kronos,

"Hello, Luke Castellan, Zoë Nightshade, and Michael Yew,"

"First of all, it's Thysia, Mistis, and Epidex. And what do you want?" I glare at him.

"My, my. So angry. Well, godling, I'm Pagoma. The Primordial of Ice."

Mistis freezes.

"What's wrong, Mistis?"

"Pagoma. He cursed Glace and possessed him!"

"Yeah?"

She turns to face me.

"There's no way to save Percy except for him to battle it out himself in his body. If he wins, we're all good." She didn't say what would happen if he lost...

"Who are you working for, Pagoma?" Epidex questions. Of course! We need to find out if he is a threat.

"I work for nobody. Not for Tartarus nor Olympus."

"Then why take Percy?"

"He is strong for me. I need a host to do stuff, you know!" he replies.

"Why not someone else?"

"I said before, he's strong. All my other hosts have died because of their lack of skill. Percy, I may be able to keep for millenia!" he says excitedly like a kid in a toy store where everything was free.

"How about we make a deal, every other day, you guys switch as of who's in control. And if we don't bother you, could you help us in the war? If we win, I'm sure the gods will reward you greatly. Like you won't need a host anymore but you can have your own form."

Pagoma looks thoughtful at that.

"Hmm...that's a very good deal for me indeed but what do I have to do?"

"We understand that you must have more experience with ice powers than Percy, during the battles, could you help him with his ice powers?"

"Why, I'm so glad you credit me with my powers! Of course I can help him. It would be too easy almost. So he does the sword fighting, and I do the powers?"

"Yes. They always say that two heads are better than one. Your head is very valuable in this war. We could really do with your help. So what do you say to the deal? Yes or no?"

Pagoma smiles, and his strangely colored eyes flicker.

"Why, yes of course! There are times when he can train, and I can whisper in his mind to help him."

"Just don't distract him or he might fail," I warn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS IS SO SHORT IM SORRY!

IM GOING ON A TRIP FOR SPRING BREAK BUT I WILL UPDATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!

UAMAP...IM GONNA USE THAT FROM NOW ON!

update: what the fudge is wrong with past me