Chapter 5

"Mom?" I creep in. The lights turn on in the kitchen. she looks sick, she has on a robe with her zebra slippers. She hasnt been looking good ever since she started dating a guy named Bradley. Bradley could be in my school. & he hits on me like he is. Then, about a month ago, she experimented with drugs. Poor woman. I cant even call her mom anymore, shes being so distant.

She gets mad when i try to take her drugs away. She started abusing me when i was 11. She got addicted back then, but i got taken away until she was clean. When i had the decison of staying with my mom or moving to Alaska, i chose my mom. i mean, shes clean. It wont happen anymore.I was wrong, it just started going downhill from there, monthly beatens advanced to weekly beatens, which reduced to daily beatings, which got worse & worse. The teachers asked about the bruses & cuts. One day, my 7th grade teacher, Mrs. Ryers, called my mom & asked to talk to her face to face. She then confronted her & my mom denied everything. My teacher knew she was lying. The way he lifeless eyes dart around the room until they find a big dimond ring right on Mrs. Ryers's finger.

"Thats mine." My mom said. She was high so she didnt know what was right & what sounded like complete crap.

"What? No it isnt, Ma'am. Its my wedding ring. Me & my husband got married a week before he got called for action in the army.. & he died on our honeymoon date..." She wiped away a tear.

"Then give it to me, you selfish pig! He's gone, he doesnt know you!" she yelled. "He's DEAD. D-E-A-D. Dead."

"Thats a lie! He remembers me, hes waiting on me! He's waiting in heaven." Mrs. Ryers yelled in a fit of tears.

Then, my mom grabbed her arm & tried to pry the ring off her finger "JUST GIVE IT TO ME YOU SELFISH BITCH! I NEED IT! YOU WHORE! HES GONE! I HAVE A FUCKING DAUGHTER TO TAKE CARE OF! YOU WANT TO KILL MY KID? ILL HAVE YOU ARRESTED!" My mother let go of her arm in defeation & ran outside

"GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU & YOUR DAUGHTER!" Mrs. Ryers yelled after my mom.

That was the worst day of my life. My mom went home & beat me. My face was swollen, two black eyes, a broken nose, my whole body was black & blue. She sent me to school the next day, & when Mrs. Ryers noticed me & tried to comfort me, my mom stormed in & said, "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER! WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO MY BABY!? MY POOR BABY!" She fake held me & tried to cry. Her acting was terrible. Unlike me, i was really crying. I was scared. We started a huge police scene investigation. They tried to question me, but i didnt budge, my mom said if i told, Everyone i loved would die. They shouldnt suffer because i did. She told me she'd be gone for a few days & didnt come back for months. I was couch jumping freinds homes. Thats when we ended up here.

"Where the fuck have you been?" My mom said threatenly.

"I was just at Abby's mom. Sorry i didnt call. You want some food?" I said trying to cheer her up & hold bach the barrier of tears i was holding in.

"You stupid slut, dont you lie to me. I called everyone." She said, fire in her eyes.

"I swear mom. im sorry i didnt call." I said feeling the stinging in my eyes.

"YOU LIAR. YOU WHORE. YOU WERE AT A FUCKING PARTY, RIGHT? FUCKING SOME RANDOM GUY'S DICK RIGHT!" My mom yelled

"MOM! IM SORRY I WAS AT A PARTY, MY CAR BROKE DOWN!" I was crying now

"BITCH!" She ran up to me & hit me in the face

I stumbled back, trying to protect myself & her.

"STOP!" I yelled, sporting a bruise

"DONT YOU EVER FUCKING LIE AGAIN. YOUR A NASTY DIRTY STANKY HOE. NOBODY WANTS YOU, YOU FAILED ABORTION!" she screamed, she had a knife.

"MOM S-S-S-TOP!" I was studdering. she has never gone this crazy before.

"NO." She yelled & lunged at me, the knife buried itself in my stomach, showing my mom it did its job correctly.

"AHHHH!" I screamed. Mom ran outside. The pain was too much, i could feel myself drifting away, away from this nightmare. From my friends, From Niall. Oh, Niall. I have flashbacks, we were at a party, he told me he likes me. I spent the whole day with him. It was magicial.

Right then i heard the door bust open. "KAYLIE! OH MY GOD, KAYLIE! STAY WITH ME!" It was Niall. My prince.

"Niall. Nial, i-it hurts. Its hurts so much." I say. Drifting farther away.

"I know! I know Kaylie! Dont leave me! Please, Please dont leave, You're all i have! I need you!" Niall said while rocking me in his lap, getting soaked in my blood. He was in tears.

Then i relized i was crying too. "I-i cant take it. i-im trying. its j-just so cold.' i said

"Okay! Okay, here, here," He hugged me closed, tears mixing together like a love potion. "Are you warmer? Helps coming, stay with me, stay concient. I cant go on if you leave me." Niall said while rocking faster & faster.

"Niall-Niall, i remember, two years ago," i said, I sucked in sharply, "W-we were at a party, & you-you said you'll see me again. Its fate."

"OH MY GOD! You remember! Dont leave, Kaylie. I need you to stay alive. I love you! I love you Kaylie, please, stay with me!! Oh, god, your face is so pale." He yelled

"I love you, too.. Nialler.." & i slipped away the same moment the amblulance arrived.