Long Live...Chapter 35

• Dedicated to Those who have recovered from a tragic event...

A/N:  This is the second to last chapter and also it is half James and Amanda’s POV. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~ {James's POV} ~~~~~~~

She was sound asleep in my arms. I felt quite proud that I had the power to do that. Another possibility was her medications. For the sake of being happy, I decided that I did have that power to make her feel better. I laid her back on the bed, brushing her brown velvet hair away from her angelic face. Her face was pink and blotchy, and even that still made her the most gorgeous lady I’ve ever laid my eyes on.

She stirred in her sleep, which was really attractive. I extended the white blanket over her body, making sure she would be warm. The thought of hospitals brought such a cold environment. Then again, such medicines and blood had to stay at cold temperatures.

Before I started towards the door, I pressed my lips on her faded pink lips gently, not wanting to wake her up. She hardly reacted.

I closed the door behind me making no repulsing noise.

As I turned on my heels towards the left, I noticed two people inside the room next to Amanda’s. The rectangular window exposed an old couple; the older man was resting on the bed while his wife sat down next to him as she held his hand. She looked weary as tears landed on the bed sheets.

The question suddenly came to mind: Why would Amanda want this, the pain, misery, and loss? I understand that she wants to live a life that was given to her. She felt as if she was playing with God, since this wasn’t the way life was meant for her. Through my eyes, I didn’t see anything comforting about this. Losing someone is a feeling I wish to never encounter, yet Amanda seems to be okay with that. I shook my head slightly as I turned back and headed to the main hall.

The waiting room still was empty, only "busy" when a few nurses and doctors walked by. Tori leaned on the wall next to the door, looking tired herself.

"How is she?" she asked quietly.

"Fine. Where's everybody?" I asked, noticing everyone but Brandon gone.

"Mae went to leave her daughter at home and your sister is down at the cafeteria. I’m supposed to be with her but I wanted to wait and tell you not to worry about us." I nodded appreciatively, "Well I’m going to get something to eat, want to come? You should get something in your system." she replied.

"Umm, no thank you. I'll stay here just in case." No matter how strong I was I still felt vulnerable to the situation. Nothing could happen to her and I won’t test that.

"Are you sure? She’s going to be fine anyways. You just saw her." She looked at Amanda's room.

"I'm sure. I'm not that hungry anyways." Knowing Amanda, she would probably frown at me and tell me I was being stubborn.

"Okay." she grinned before turning around and walking away. I didn’t see where Brandon was sitting. It really didn’t matter, I’m glad he was away so that I wouldn’t see the sight of blood anytime soon.

As I passed the desk, I noticed it was almost five.

I decided to sit down from all the exhaustion that was settling in my body.

I leaned my head against the wall, tipping my head back. For once I felt my eyes close as I relaxed on the stable and massive chair. How ironic. Effortlessly, I crossed my arms across my chest, feeling as if something was missing.

Much to my dismay, the doors were pushed open roughly. Knowing how threatening Brandon was, I inferred that it was him.

Indeed it was. I lifted my head and saw how he entered the room and practically slumped down the chair which was stationed in front of me. At an instant, he glared at me, his eyes wanting to kill. I should be humoring his "threat" but instead, I felt uneasy. Like brother like sister, it was quite scary to see the slightest resemblance between the two. I’ve notice how Amanda flicks her eyes when she’s bothered. Same with her brother.