Long Live...Chapter 29

A/N: Hope you're enjoying the story and there are seven chapters left, I know it's coming up. Anyways, hope you like this chapter!

I could see him, but it looked like he was engulfed by flames. I should have expected that, I thought to myself.

My eyes widened and I felt scared. "If you burn off your clothes I swear I’m leaving and I’m taking your car." I said. He took a step closer to me. He looked amazing covered in flames. He looked so dangerous and something I’d see in a dream.

"Don’t you dare touch me!" I yelled, taking a few steps back. He chuckled and then he looked at me as if I was an appetizing meal.

"Do you want something exciting or hot?" he asked, almost serious. He sure was full of mysteries.

"I don’t know surprise me." I shrugged, trying to contain a smile. He walked towards me, the heat growing intense as he closed in on me.

"Just to let you know, I haven’t tried this in a while." James warned as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Before I even finished my train of thought, I yelled, “Wait what-"

His flaming lips crushed into mine.

It wasn't as hot as I expected. I mean, it was fire for God's sake! It only lasted a short while before the flames flew away and he pulled back. I wasn't sure what the heck that was, but it was incredible. He pulled back and grinned; he was pleased with himself.

 "Why didn't I burn?" I asked him, still dazed. Luckily I managed to stand on my own two feet. Whatever it was he did take me by surprise, I was positive.

"Control." He stated. I guess that makes sense. I studied his face, wondering what he was thinking. Well wasn't he full of surprises.

 "Anything else besides burning yourself?" I asked, sounding bored when in reality I wasn't.

 "Well I could do just about anything...why don't you tell me what you want to see?" I nodded and started to think. Well since he could control fire, why not play with it? "Do you think I could hold fire?" I asked. I was being a bit reckless, but he's here. Also, the lake is right below us, about 50 feet. If anything I could just jump down there. He examined my face, trying to see if I was bluffing.

 "You...you what?" He stuttered. His amber eyes stared right at me, seeking some kind of false motive.

"Yeah. Like a small flame in my hands? You said you have gained control from all of this so I don't think it wouldn’t be hard to do." I recalled.

 "Umm..." He deliberated, "I don't think that's safe." He said sternly. I rolled my eyes and stood closer in front of him.

 "You're here...please." I looked him in the eyes, hoping he would fall for it. He sighed. "Sure. Give me your hand." I was really excited, but my instincts told me this was bad. I trusted James, so I held out my hand. He placed his warm hand under mine and the other just above my palm. I saw how concentrated he was, the way his eye narrowed straight at my palm. I blinked away and looked at my hand.

 A small and innocent flame danced on my palm. I was fascinated at how calm the flame swayed with the wind. The flame wasn't ever touching me! It was inches away from me but I still felt the warmth radiating. I looked up at him, his face was close to mine, but I could still make out his face.

The small flame was dragged with the wind, swaying from right to left. It was starting to grow warmer, but it wasn't an intense heat, I could handle it.

But then he pressed both of his palms between my hand and the flame escaped into the wind.

 "That was amazing." I said quietly as I rubbed my hands together.