Long Live...Chapter 4

A/N: So here's the next chapter. You're finally going to meet James Ashe :)

School started, my first period being Pre-Calculus, a class I hated because of the teacher. Mr. Robes rarely taught in the class, leaving all of our studies to us. Yet I was still passing with a B, but that’s only because I actually did the homework. The class was filled with seniors, only a few were athletes including Darrell, who was also a senior and had a tiny crush on me. Okay, not that tiny, but unlike the rest of the girl-crazed football players, he would treat me well. Only, he liked me. Brandon did always hit him around just like the rest of the guys.

 I sat in the back, which was a lot harder to pay attention to Mr. Robes as he “lectured” about polynomials and how to graph them.

After Pre-Calculus, I had Health, which was a really boring class and we watched reality TV shows about health like the Biggest Loser and Dr. Oz. Sure it was an easy period, but with fifteen juniors in that class and a teacher who couldn't act excited or mad because of his monotone problem, it wasn’t worth it.

For lunch, I usually sat with my brother and the rest of the athletes in our indoor cafeteria or sometimes with my normal and not obnoxious friends including Tori, Jenn, and Gwen. Lunch, like always, was hectic but as long as my stomach was filled with food, I didn’t care. Today, I decided to eat with Tori and the rest.

The indoor cafeteria looked like a more modern buffet. The neon lights that spelled out letters and the amazing smell of pizza somehow reminded me of that place. The tables were those that had the seats attached to them. The cafeteria was spacious, and surprisingly clean.

Fourth period had come to a quick rush. Tori and I had our Natural Science class together, along with the three guys she named to me earlier, apparently. Natural Science was a mix of Environmental Science and Biology and it was a junior class.

I sat in the front of the classroom, unlike my math class, I actually did well in this one. Mr. Darrow was shuffling through papers in his desk, probably trying to relocate the project assignment. He wasn’t the most organized person in the world. Mr. Darrow had gray thinning hair and gray and weary eyes, yet such a humorous man. Tori's short blonde hair appeared through the door as she walked in with Eric Walker. The weather has seemed to grow cloudier since Tori's hair poofed like crazy when it was about to rain. She sat down next to me bringing Eric along with her, combing her hair with her fingers at the same time. She looked so confident it made me forget how voluminous her hair was.

"Hey Amanda." Eric waved at me, showing off his little boy smile. He reminded me of a child, probably because of his dimples yet he was a good looking guy. Him and his brother Kevin were on the football team, but hs brother was co-captain of the team. Kevin and Brandon were very close friends, so I grew used to them.

"Hi, ready for our four hundred point assignment?" I asked, trying to be optimistic. He shook his head, laughing at the same time as his green eyes sparkled.

"No, I mean, sure we have two weeks to work on it, but I get pretty lazy after a while." Tori patted his back.

"Well, If you get me you won’t have to deal with that." she smiled, twinning her arm through his.

"Let’s just hope I do." He grinned, crossing his fingers.

The bell rang, right on cue.

"Alright class, please sit so we can go over this and you can meet your partner and discuss the following concepts that I will be asking for.” Mr. Darrow stood in front of the rows and gave the students in the front packets to pass back. I received the packets and passed the rest down as I grabbed my own copy.

"So," he said as he walked to the front of the room, "I will give you you’re topics once I assign you your partner. It will all be based on what you’ve learned so far, but everyone will be reviewing a different chapter. As you have heard the total points are four hundred so if I were you I wouldn’t screw up." He popped the p, "I’ll call your name and when you come over here make a single file line."

"Coby Aden....Telia Gardon..." he called names out randomly, "Amanda Greene," he called out. I got up from my seat and walked towards Mr. Darrow. He cleared his voice.

"You have James Ashe and your topic is number three." I nodded, absentminded. I heard girls sigh with a hint of depression, I swear.  Oh great now I'm going to be glared at! As I walked back to my seat, Tori was jumping in her seat.

"You got him! Ohmigosh! He is so-" She spoke too fast it was like a blur.

"Did I miss anyone? No? Okay, well go and meet up with your new project buddy and start organizing what you’d like to present. Go!" Everyone got up finding their "buddy" as if their life depended on it. Tori was disappointed because she didn’t get neither of them, but she did get Walter, a know it all guy with square glasses and disheveled brown hair that looked like a bird’s nest. At least she was guaranteed an A. I scanned my eyes throughout the room. In my head I named everyone I knew, and then there was only one guy left. That must be James Ashe. My stomach felt hollow and my throat dried up. My heart started to beat rapidly as my eyes reached to his face.

Let’s just say it’s no wonder girls were disappointed that they didn’t partner up with him.