Ten Years Married

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,

Okay, I'll admit, I had no idea where I was going when I started this. It was just a random idea that popped into my head one day. "What if Raoul and Erik married twin sisters?" and, this one-shot was created. If there is enough interest, I might consider writing a book based on the story but, I don't know. I liked the idea enough to write a one-shot but I haven't got the writing bug to expand it yet.

Let me know what y'all think!

sarahlet2999

---------------------------------------------

"Ten years. Who would have thought?" Raoul sank into his comfortable armchair near the fire and lifted a flute of champagne to the deformed gentleman installed next to him.

"Certainly not me." He replied, lifting his flute and clinking it against Raoul's. "Are the wives nearly done? They have been in there nearly four hours."

"No, Erik, they informed me, when I knocked on their door, that they were going to look their most beautiful for us and we weren't to question."

"Ah." Erik replied before examining the champagne in his glass. "Do you think this is enough of a party? It is our ten-year wedding anniversary. Are you sure Estelle and Rachelle would not prefer more?"

"You've been married to her for ten years! You tell me." Raoul laughed and sipped from his glass before scanning the room. "We've splurged if anything. Rachel's favorite pastries, Estelle's favorite cake. The best champagne money can buy." He nodded at Erik, a thankful smile on his handsome face.

"You three always complain about my income from the Opera House but I notice you never seem to fuss over the results of it."

"Well, a Vicomte's allowance will only get a family so far." Raoul mentioned, chuckling quietly to himself. "I suppose we shouldn't fuss too much."

"No, you really should not. I might one day decide I prefer living cheaply and entertaining Estelle personally." He chuckled to himself, tipping the champagne glass back to drain it before setting it aside. Rising to his feet, he straightened his coat jacket and looked at Raoul. "How do I look?"

"As hideous as ever, my dear brother. But, Estelle will love you, gaunt bones and all." This comment only earned a humph from Erik before he adjusted his cravat. "How do I look?"

"As much a fop as ever. But, my sister-in-law still adores you for some reason." His golden eyes sparkled playfully from the well-meaning banter.

"Of course, I do. Why shouldn't I?" A red-haired beauty swept into the room, robed in red silk and hair bound back with ribbons and bits of lace.

"Because he's an arrogant dandy."

"And you aren't? Who spent two thousand francs on suits last month?"

"Estelle wasn't supposed to tell you that..."

"We are twin sisters, haven't you learned that we have no secrets." Rachelle glided towards him and patted his hand before falling into Raoul's arms for a polite kissing.

Rolling his eyes, Erik turned away from the displays of affection to stare at the door and wait for his darling, the love of his life to walk in.

Moments later, she fulfilled his wishes.

In his eyes, Estelle could do no wrong, in her appearance or actions. But, in that moment, she shown of pure perfection. Dark curls hung about a china white face. Silver eyes shimmered within deep sockets and ruby lips parted into a happy smile.