Chapter 3: Faith

Chapter 3: Faith

My parents and I were on our way to our house in Los Angeles, California. The weather was definitely different from where I lived in London. The cold weather here was considered warm for us.

"We're here," my mom said, shaking my thigh. I snapped out of my trance and stared at my mom. She had the same green eyes like me. Her hair was brown but not as dark as mine. My brown hair could be easily mistaken as black.

I looked more like my mom than my dad. My dad had light brown hair with honey colored eyes. I think the only thing I have in common with him is my tan skin.

I exit the taxi and look up at the house that I would be living in until I turn into a legal adult. Yes, house. I don't think I would ever be able to call it my home because London is my home.

It was a simple white two story house. It wasn't a huge mansion, if thats what you're thinking. It was an average house. The windows had beige shutters and the lawn was unkept. The paint on the walls were cracking. It seemed as if no one has lived here for a while.

I grabbed my luggage from the trunk of the taxi, and started hauling it to the front door.

"I know it doesn't seem like much but it's our home now," I heard my dad say. "Besides, we can just get it fixed."

"I hope your new job is worth it," I grumbled.

My dad shot me a look. He knew how I felt about moving but in the same time, I knew I had no choice.

I followed my parents inside the house. I coughed from the dust that I hit my face the moment I entered. The house wasn't as small as it looked from the outside. There was absolutely no furniture placed but I could see boxes surrounding me.

This will take a while to unpack, I thought.

 Letting go of my suitcase, I decided to explore my new house for a while. I walked to my right and discovered an empty space with a sliding door that lead to what seemed to be the backyard. I walked up to a white swinging door. When I opened it, I saw a kitchen with a wooden island. 

So, if this is the kitchen, the other room must be a dining room. I exited the room and retraced my footsteps. I arrived back at the front door, and turned to the left side of the house. 

I saw another big, empty space that I guessed would soon be the living room. There were 2 doors to the side of the wall and a fireplace. Once opened, I discovered that they lead to a powder room, and an office-like area.

I went back to the front door and I saw the stairs leading to the second floor. Without hesitation, I climbed up the stairs. I saw four doors.

The right most door was my parents bedroom evident by the boxes labeled Clarice & John. I saw that they had their very own bathroom, and I hoped that I had one too.

The door beside it was apparently my room because of the boxes labeled Faith. To my luck, my room did have its very own bathroom, it isn't as big as my parents though.

Next was just a bathroom, and another room obviously for guests (if we do ever have any).

Going back down the stairs, I grab my suitcase then scurry back up to my room. I wanted to start unpacking already so I could maybe explore the city next.

***

After unpacking some of my things, I decided to take a break. I unpacked for about 3 hours, and I could already see the sun beginning to set.