Chapter 1

"And this is the local coffee shop", lexie said as we stood in front of a cozy café. She had convinced me this morning to give me a tour in town. And even though I was still very tired and did not want to go out, the idea of staying inside the whole day spoke to me even less, so eventually I agreed . And after walking around a little bit here we were in front of the coffee shop. "Do you want to go inside? My treat."

'Yeah sure' After we sat and ordered our coffee, she cleared her throat and asked: "So Abigail, what brought you here?" She must have seen my shocked face because she quickly added: "If I may ask that of course." 'Yeah of course, it's just, I don't know, it's still a touchy subject, I'd rather not talk about it, I'll explain you later if that's okay.'

"Yeah sure, I understand. Sorry for bringing it up." 'No problem, you couldn't know.' After that we silently drank our coffee and left the coffee shop. We were walking back to the apartment, exchanging a few words. I wanted to break the awkward silence but I juist didn't know what to say. We eventually arrived at the apartment. 'Thanks for the tour, I really had fun. And now at least I know where I can go get my coffee every morning.' I said with a smile. "No problem, I had a lot of fun too. Abigail I want to apologize again-" I cut her off: 'Lexie, it's really not a problem.'

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you later then." 'Yeah bye.' Just as I was closing the door of my apartment I heard her calling my name. "Abigail wait, do you want to come with me tonight to this pub a few streets away? My boyfriend plays in a band and they perform there tonight, and a few of my friends are also coming, it would be nice if you could come too." 'Sounds fun, but I'm still a little tired and I'd rather go to bed early.' When I saw her disappointed face, I couldn't help but give in. 'You know what? Fuck it, I'll go with you.' Her face brightened and she asked: "Really?" I nodded. I wasn't really in the mood, but making a few new friends didn't seem such a bad thing. "I'll pick you up at seven, make sure you're ready by then", she said with a smirk while entering her apartment.

I still had half an hour before Lexie came to pick me up. I took a rapid shower, and quickly changed my clothes. I love the natural look and don't like to put on a lot of make-up, so I just put a little mascara on. And to be honest, I kind of liked the outcome. Just when I was ready blow drying my hair, lexie knocked on the door. She was wearing a black dress with black high heels. She looked stunning. And I stood there like a moron, in my jeans and a sweater I had bought as a birthday present to myself. 'Lexie what did you mean by pub? I thought it was going to be nothing fancy. Hold on, I'm going to go get changed.' Not that I had such chic dresses, I am more the basic type of girl. All-stars, jeans, basic shirts and sweaters are probably the only things in my wardrobe. I heard her laughing: "No no, don't, I'm not dressed like this for the pub, after the concert I have to go to dinner with my boyfriend and his parents." I sighed relieved. I wouldn't have known what to wear. " Shit. c'mon Abigail, we have to leave. The concert begins within 20 minutes", Lexie said as she looked at her watch. I quickly grabbed my coat and then we rushed down the stairs out of the apartment block into the dark night.

AN: So this is my first chapter, I'm still trying to figure out how to write and all that stuff.

Hope you like it

A