3

day 1

Michael, that is his name. The one with the crazy blue, purple and maroon hair. He is quiet- much like me. He has a lovely smile though; I made him laugh and I saw it. White, straight, from what I could see, teeth. His laugh was contagious too, it was perfectly dorky. I laughed at him laughing. It was a stupid joke, a pun maybe. It was lame enough that he laughed, to the point he crinkled his eyes. Nice to know he had the same humor taste as me; the silly, stupid jokes that I can't help but cackle at. I wonder if he heard my laugh over-top of his. I've always hated my laugh, the type of laugh where either I hunch over and make no sound, or I laugh so hard I snort once or twice. I am somewhat envious that he has a nice laugh, one I am clearly not gifted with, thanks mum. He was really quite beautiful up close, the fact he had mixed blue and green eyes, somewhat the same as mine, made him even more attractive. Though, I had always loved brown eyes, I always wanted some myself, his eyes were breathtaking. He had full lips, and almost pale skin, like mine. He must not go outside much- either that or he must burn very easily. The latter option I presume. He was tall, taller than me by quite a bit. I am five foot eight inches, so he must be very tall.

The fact I had taken this much time to marvel him over a two minute conversation almost frightened me; why was I describing a person in so much detail, though I had only seen him yesterday?

"Avery? Hello?" Skylar nudged me out of the daze I had found myself in. "I am going for a swim, care to join?" She offered. I nodded, though I was not a fan of swimming- or even going outside, but there was nothing to do here, so I ended up following Skylar and changing in the toilets. It isn't that I was insecure, I may be a little, but I hated being shy of clothing. I didn't fancy being indecent- not that I am completely nude, I just preferred.. Clothes. I had slipped on a navy coloured bikini with black mini board-shorts over top. I'm not confident enough yet, the first proper day here and all, I haven't even put myself in the right space of mind yet. Millions watching you on TV? I can't even stand onstage without having an anxiety attack.

"Avery I am kind of jealous of your body," Skylar faked crying, and I scoffed at her compliment of sort. If one thing was for sure, she was the one whom could pull off a lilac bikini with blue hair and eyes, and look stunning. I mean, she wasn't skinny to the point I could see her bones. She was still skinny- yes, but she had curves I was near envious of. I was lanky, yes I had curves, but not in the way Skylar had.

God, what was with me and my describing of people in a borderline stalker-ish way.

"Ahuh, sure," I dragged out, the tone of voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I am serious! You are skinny, hell I can see your collarbones," she exclaimed.Yes, I had always been a skinny teenager. I got it from my dad, it wasn't my fault though. How I longed to have a bigget butt or boobs, bigger thighs and fuller cheeks, though I was content. I learned to accept the fact I had a fast metabolism and my genes are like this.

"If anything I am jealous of you- now hurry up, I don't want people to walk in and hear us practically yelling compliments," I smirked and she laughed, following me out of the door.

I was not much of a swimmer- I mean if worst comes to worst, I can doggy paddle or barely freestyle. Skylar didn't seem to be able to swim as well either, so if I drowned, she would probably drown trying to save me.

"Cannonball!" Ashton exclaimed, just missing the top of my head while jumping over me.

"You idiot," I shook my head and he winked, throwing a beach ball at me.

"Hey guys," Calum said, literally flopping into the pool like a pole, making a horrid slapping noise.

"Ow," the three of us chorused, as he surfaced and rubbed his side.

We spent a fair time in the pool, Ellie, Ryder, Cat, Luke, Emmerson and Drew joining us as the day was a ripper. The rest stayed in the shade.

I walked into the diary room once I had a shower and changed.

"Hello Avery."

"Hi Big Brother," I said happily.

"This is your very first visit to the diary room- how do you feel?"

"If I am honest, slightly uncomfortable."

He laughed "it is always strange entering the house. You will get used to it."

"I definitely will."

" Avery, have you made any friends?"

"I think so Big Brother, Skylar, Calum and Luke are my friends, they are great. I feel on good terms with everyone, which is great and I'd like it to stay that way."

"I see. Have you had your eye on anyone in particular?"

"Not necessarily. Does infactuation count? It isn't to that extreme. I mean, I don't know. To answer your question then yes, I have, but in more of a 'I want to know you' way. Is that weird?"

" I can assure you, it is not weird. Big Brother wants to know who?"

"Well aren't you just nosey! If you want to know, it is Michael."

"Ah yes, well Big Brother will keep that in mind for future reference."

"Don't you dare play match maker!" I laughed.

" Big Brother, is not that kind. Is that all?"

"I am terrified. Yes, yes that is all."

"Big Brother will talk to you soon."

I nodded and walked out the door.

I sat outside in the shade with Michael, whom had just sat down too. "Hey, how are you holding up so far?" He smirked."It is only the first day and I am struggling to find something to do," I crinkled my nose up.

"I, for one, miss music," Michael groaned.

"Hmm, I would guess you are a smooth jazz type of guy, but I'm going to throw it into the void of the unknown and guess you are a rock guy," I said.

"Ah, close. More punk if anything," he smirked. "And I guess you are a bubblegum pop or opera type of girl?"

"On the contrary, though bubblegum pop is catchy, I prefer alternative or punk as well," I smirked, when his face completely changed.

"Seriously? Do you like Blink 182?"

"Yes, I used to dance to them while I was a kid, then I kinda loved them again now. Do you know The Killers?" I smiled.

"Yes, I'm coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine," he sang in a terrible mock voice and I laughed, joining in.

"This is Big Brother, Michael and Avery, no promotional or published songs."

We groaned. "Surely that isn't the only song you know?"

"I think it is just that one I know," he said.

"When this is over, I am showing you some more songs I am sure you will love," I raised an eyebrow and he nodded saying; "deal."

It is the first proper night, we had dinner and now we all lay under the stars on the grass. I had a blanket around me, I get cold easily, but I loved winter. How ironic.

"So Violet, how was life on the outside?" I asked, making light conversation with the girl next to me.

"It was good, I had a privileged childhood. It was only recent that I moved out and decided to come on here. Mainly the experience," she shrugged. "How about you?"

"It was an average childhood, I had an affluent two parent household and a big brother who loves me, and I did great in school," I smiled and she nodded, as we continued talking. She was such a lovely girl, that I almost felt bad for not telling her all of my life story, though I liked to keep it to myself.

-

So how do you guys like it so far? feel free to fan vote and comment :) xx

please spread the word if possible, and follow me on twitter @5secsofunicorns

plus you all were very close on what Avery looks like, you practically nailed her eye colour. I still haven't described all of her though.