1

day 0

Deep breaths, it's only an experience, it's only a throw into the void of exposure and the unknown.

Oh god.

"Mum I'm scared," I rubbed my hands together to keep them warm. This autumn night was cold and I was wearing but a sleeveless high neck dress.

"Don't worry, you will be fine. I'm sure dad would have been proud of you, doing this and all," she smiled and I nodded, taking shaky breaths as we were directed to the stage.

"I love you so much," I gave her a massive hug, which she returned with several kisses on the cheek.

"I love you too," she smiled, letting a few tears slip out.

"Mum!" I laughed. "You never know when I'll come back, but it's not like I'm leaving forever or anything."

"I know, have fun. Win this damn thing!" She laughed, and I nodded grinning.

I was pushed away from my mum, to a dark room, the only light being the blinding stage ones infront of me, which I presume was the stage.

"All you do is walk foward, touch some hands, and smile," a lady wearing all black, holding a clipboard, instructed. I nodded as she motioned me to walk out. I plastered a smile on my face and let my eyes adjust, as I walked down the stairs.

A room full of cheers erupted, as I reached out and slapped some hands. I walked down the thin stage, to the main one where the presenter, Sonia Kruger, was standing with her teethy grin.

I've never had this type of recepion, to say the least.

"Hello Avery!" She said over the screams.

"Hi Sonia," I smiled shyly, waving to the crowd infront of me.

"So you are the last person to enter the Big Brother house for 2014, for now. How are you feeling?"

"Scared, nervous, awkward," I smiled anxiously, and she laughed.

"Oh, but you must be excited?"

"Of course, though this is way out of my comfort zone I'm telling you now."

"What made you want to audition?" She asked.

"Well, my mother saw the advert online and she actually told me to enter, so I was practically forced," I rolled my eyes. "Though I have no regrets and am really happy to be here."

"That's great to hear! Now, there is a big twist this year. As you know, this year Big Brother is a bit different, as the housemates are quite younger, ages varying from seventeen to twenty-one, how old are you?"

"I am eighteen Sonia," I smiled.

"And do you think you will get along with the housemates?"

"I sure hope so, I'm a very shy person but I'm hoping I will break out of my shell a little when I enter."

"Aw! Well, here we go. Avery, welcome to Big Brother Australia. Hopefully I see you at the very end! If not, I will see you soon." She smiled.

"You are so lovely. Don't jinx me!" I laughed as we hugged, and I walked off stage and followed a person in black to a door.

"Good luck." They smiled, leaving me all alone.

I rubbed my sweaty palms on my dress and opened the door.

"Fresh meat!" A girl yelled, running up to me. Soon more strangers were in my face, asking various questions.

"Woah, let the girl speak. What is your name?" A boy with black semi-styled hair asked.