2

day 0

"This is Big Brother, all housemates to the living room." 

We all sat on the couches, though there wasn't enough space so Skylar and I sat on the ground infront of Luke and Calum.

"I trust you have all found room arrangements."

"Yes Big Brother," we all said almost in sync.

"Great, there are refreshments and snacks in the kitchen. I hope you all enjoy your first night." he said. We all chorused a 'thank you Big Brother,' and walked into the kitchen,  where we all sat at the dining room table.

I grabbed a cracker and cheese, nibbling on it politely.

"Well, first of all how old are you?" A loud voice, Ty I think, asked the group.

They went around the table saying their ages. I didn't pay attention, I just left my eyes to wander around the place.

I didn't mean for it to be rude. Though I had to be given a sharp nudge from Skylar so I could speak up.

"Oh, sorry, I am eighteen." I smiled, looking at all the people's faces.

That was a thing I liked to do; observe.

Like I admired the curly hair a girl whom sat across from me had. I had always wanted ringlets but genetics decided on beachy-type wavy hair.

I gazed at Calum's tattoos, two on his chest, two on his hands, and three on his arm. One was a feather, and another was roman numerals, I presume, that read MMXII, both on his chest. An American Indian, a swallow with a name Mali-Koa, and one other I couldn't make out. The one on each hand were letters or initials.

One girl had gorgeous yet peculiar eyes, they were blue but one had a blob of brown at the bottom right of the iris.

But who really caught my eye, was a boy with galaxy coloured hair. It was truly amazing, how he suited it so well. He was very beautiful, green eyes and perfectly sculpted lips. He also had the worst posture, which made me laugh silently.

Everyone here was pretty in their way- from grunge to preppy and skinny to not as skinny.

"Psst, Avery," Luke nudged me, bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Drew asked where you are from," he said.

I looked at the boy with long hair- long meaning it was sweeped against his forehead and long enough to tie into a mini ponytail.

"Sorry, uh Drew, I am from Sydney, how about you?" I smiled politely at the boy next to me.

"Canberra, but I've always wanted to go to the Gold Coast. What better way than in here. Actually, maybe it's not better in the fact I am stuck in a house," he rambled and I laughed, this kid was very cool.

I was about to reply, but Skylar cut me off.

"Ave, I'm heading outside to put my feet in the pool. Want to join?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sorry Drew, I'll talk to you another time," I smiled and he bid a small bye.

"Hmm he's cute huh," she nudged me, taking off her heels and sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet in, and I copied her actions.

"Sure," I shrugged, having not taken much notice, which was unlike me.

"A lot of the boys here are exceptionally cute, I'm not gonna lie," she winked and I laughed.