Savior

Vann stared up at Kasuno, his pupils dilated.

She grinned, returning the stare. She was covered in Naoki's blood.

Covered in it.

Vann felt another wave of vomit rising in his throat, but swallowed it. "How?" he asked. "How did...? Where...?"

Kasuno gave a small laugh. "Didn't you hear me, you idiot? I work fast."

The small part of Vann that wasn't in panic mode was wondering how Kasuno could've gotten from the hospital to Vann's apartment in less time than he did. He didn't see how 'I work fast' explained that, but right now, he couldn't think about that.

Still slipping in the blood, Vann stood. Kasuno rolled her eyes and shoved her hands in her pockets, smirking.

Vann ran forward, fist raised and aimed at Kasuno's face. Before he even got close, Kasuno's foot shot out in a high kick and connected with his ribs. Vann wasn't sure if they were broken again, but it felt like it.

Vann fell to the ground, splashing into the blood.

"How did you think that would go?" Kasuno scoffed, leaning down. She straightened. "Now, we need to discuss some things."

Vann struggled to stand again, slipping in the blood.

"Where is the Taleh Toper?"

Vann wanted to say something, anything. He wanted to tell her to piss off, that she'd pay for killing his father.

But he was scared.

He was to terrified to even move.

He opened his mouth to speak and plead with her that he didn't know. But before he could, a hand grabbed his head and lifted him into the air.

"Talk," Mecu growled, squeezing Vann's head.

Vann screamed in pain and grabbed at Mecu's skeletal hand.

"Now," Kasuno smirked, "I'm going to ask you again, Where. The. Fuck. Is the Taleh Toper?"

"I don't know," Vann choked out. Kasuno pinched the bridge of her nose. "Don't make me ask again!" she shouted angrily. "You don't want me to ask again."

"Mecu, this is taking too long. I'm getting bored. So just kill him."

Mecurabe drew his hand back...

"Stop!"

Mecu hesitated and looked up away from the boy's spine to Kasuno. She hadn't spoken, so who was it?

Standing behind the albino was a girl with black hair and red eyes. She held a Bowie knife to Kasuno's neck.

Vann struggled to see through the blur of pained tears, but couldn't.

"Release him, or I slit her throat," the red eyed girl growled. Mecurabe's hand didn't move.

"Release my Root first," he growled. Mecu squeezed a little and it felt like Vann's head was going to cave in. The red eyed girl dug her knife into Kasuno's throat.

Blood trickled down her pale neck. "Let's not be hasty," Kasuno laughed. "If you're going to kill me, make it slow. Like this. Mecu, go for the stomach!"

"Wha-?" Vann started, but was interrupted by an immense pain shooting through him. Mecu's hand ripped through the boy's muscle, bone, and organs to come out in front. Vann stared down at the skeletal hand that jutted from his stomach.

Mecu pushed the dying boy off his arm. Vann's body made a heavy thud on the floor. The red eyed girl's face twisted in rage. She shoved Kasuno to the ground, a foot in her back.

"How dare you kill an innocent?!"

Kasuno just laughed. "He's not an innocent. That's something you'll soon realize, tenshi."

The red eyed girl let out an agry shriek and brought her knife down. She didn't notice Mecu making his move, however, and suddenly, his large, bone hand was around Kasuno's arm.

They disappeared.

The knife stabbed into the floor and the girl shrieked in rage again. She stood and looked to the dying boy on the floor. Dejected, she walked to his side and knelt there.

"I'm sorry," she said, hanging her head and closing her watering eyes. "I was too late, and I'm sorry." She reached out and put her hand on his back. It slowly rose and fell.

She sighed.

"I'm going to try and fix you."

Vann could barely hear the girl now. His consciousness was fading as his blood poured out of his body, mixing with his father's.

The girl turned him over. Vann would have cried out in pain if he wasn't so weak.

The girl looked down at him. Her usually emotionless visage looked sad. The girl raised a small, pale hand.

"This will only hurt for a second," she said. Then she placed her hand on Vann's forehead and bolt of energy went through him. The girl leaned her head back, her eyes glowing red.

Vann finally lost consciousness.

---------------------------------------------

Pretty short chapter, but I was hard pressed to come up with some inspiration for this one.

Someone is getting a dedication in this chapter.

Who?

KarrieKraz, of course!

She has been a huge supporter of this story, and not to mention that she's the first person on this site I actually considered a friend. So, cheers to you, Karrie!

In other news...

Dammit, still didn't reveal the red eyed girl's name! I meant for her name to be in this chapter, but I couldn't fit it in. It'll definitely be in the next one.

Remember, feedback makes me write faster.

So vote, comment, follow and all that other good stuff.

See ya next time.