Scratching the Surface

Vann's first instinct was to run.

But before he could move, Kasuno's hand was on his chest and pushing him down.

"You could have helped us, you know. You could have helped us and none of this would be happening."

Mecu closed and locked the door.

Kasuno licked her lips again. "That look of fear on your face is making me so wet. Under normal circumstances, I'd make you fuck me before I kill you for turning me on like that. But I've got places to be, so we're in kind of a rush. But don't worry. I'll do my best to take it slow." She turned to Mecu and held out her hand.

He put his hood down to reveal his skull face.

Then, with a sound like glass, his body began to crack. It shattered into pieces that floated into Kasuno's hand where they reassembled into a dagger.

It's curved blade, hand guard, and hilt were shimmering gold, but the pommel was transparent green gem. White smoke swirled inside of the stone.

"Do you know what this is, Akiyama-kun?" Kasuno asked.

Vann didn't respond. He was still to stunned from Mecu's transformation.

Kasuno giggled at his confusion. She ran her tongue along the blade. "This is the Tamashī Dorobō (Best translation: Soul Taker). It's one of the few tenshi weapons that can Pull."

She climbed onto Vann's hospital bed and straddled him, lifting the dagger above her head.

"When I kill you, your soul will be absorbed into this gem and trapped forever."

Vann's heart was hammering at his chest.

She brought her hand down towards his chest...

BOOM!

To their left, the wall exploded, sprinkling white dust all over Kasuno and Vann, who was still too stunned to move.

Kasuno stood and jumped down onto the floor. Vann finally made himself turn. Standing in a giant hole in the wall was a man wearing a ski mask. He was tall and thin, but the most surprising thing was what he held in his hand.

A giant white war hammer.

"You," Kasuno snarled. "What are you doing here?"

The man didn't answer. Instead, he began to walk forward, readying his hammer.

"How the fuck are you even alive?!" Kasuno drew back her knife and made a downward swing for the man. But he sidestepped and slammed the head of the hammer into her stomach.

Spinning, he threw her into the wall he had come through. The force of her body hitting the wall created a Kasuno-sized dent in it.

She slipped off the wall and onto her knees. She looked up at the ski mask wearing man, a wicked grim splitting her face. "I haven't hurt like that in ages," she said excitedly, "to bad I'm going to have to kill you now." She picked the knife back up. "Mecu!"

The knife cracked and shattered like glass again, but this time the pieces separated and reformed together on both of Kasuno's hands.

The albino stood, a pair of obsidian black clawed gauntlets now adorning her hands. She laughed and clenched the metal fingers into fists.

She ran towards the man. "Let's see what you've got!" she shouted. She threw her fist forward but the man raised the hammer and caught it with the hammer. His foot shot out and kicked Kasuno's knee. She was thrown off balance and let her guard down. The man further disoriented her by punching her in the throat.