I Need To Leave

Klaus POV

Who the fuck is knocking at my door at 3 o'clock in the morning. Alright, i know I'm a vampire and I don't necessarily need sleep but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good few hours of relaxation sometimes.

Dragging myself out of bed I lazily made my way to the door. Once I got there, i collected myself, straightening my back and putting on my smirk. Hey, what can I say, I have a reputation to uphold.

I opened the door with a glare on my face, still fuming at who was interrupting my sleep. Looking at the person on the other side, I was shocked to see Marcel standing there in all his glory but I quickly his my shock, putting on a mask of cocky indifference. He had a tired, but also shy look to his posture and his head was down. 

"What do you need Marcellus" I sneered at him. I have no idea why he is here and I don't plan or care on finding out.

"I need to talk to you can I come in," He said ignoring the way I just talked to him. As I listened, I noticed there was nothing deceiving about his voice. Why was he here and what would he need to talk to me about?

Analysing him, my thoughts changed and I suddenly became very interested in why he was here. It couldn't be because he was in trouble,he would have never come to me. his pride wouldn't let him.

"Alright come in," I said. He looked surprised that I actually invited him in. I have a feeling that he was expecting me to say no and he would have to fight his way in.

I stepped aside and he sped into the living room, taking a seat on the couch in the living room. I sped in after him and took the seat opposite of him. We sat there in silence just watching each other until he decided it was finally time to speak up.

"I need to leave for a while and I need you to look after the quarter. I have to go pick someone up" He said. Wow! I sure didn't expect him to say that. Looks like this visit will be good after all. But he's hiding something, I can hear it in his voice. And he's holding off information just like I taught him. I don't know whether to be proud or angry at this moment. Oh well I'll find out eventually

"Who are you going to pick up?" I said. It seemed a little suspicious, going to pick "someone" up and leaving me out of all people to take care of the quarter

"Someone important," he said cryptically. It was obvious he didn't want me to find out, he was keeping it short and simple just like a taught him. I was actually kinda proud f him, but I still wanted answers.

"Who?" I said pressing more on who this mysterious person was.

He looked like he was having a mental debate with himself on whether to tell me or not. After a while, he looked at me.  

"I won't tell you exactly who it is but I will tell you she's a girl and she's my everything," he said his eyes getting a little dazed and foggy. I could see the love and adoration shining in his eyes. I wonder who this girl is that's got Marcel all lovey dovey.

"Well then for the offer and it would be an honor to watch over your beloved kingdom," I said with a small hint of sarcasm but I don't think he noticed

"Thank you" he said as he got up and sped to the door and opened it, he hesitated " and Klaus please don't cause any trouble for or in the people and the french quarter".

" I will try my very best," I promised him. He rolled his eyes and sighed a little. I could tell for a moment he was doubting his decision but eventually he just said goodbye and sped out.

Ohh.

This is going to be fun