Chapter 8 - "I'm not ready"

Chapter 8 - "I'm not ready." 

I was late by about twenty minutes now, but I haven't even attempted to move from the locker I was leaning on. Truth is, once I laid my back on the cool metal I stood there staring aimlessly into space wondering what I had just done. I replayed the events in my head so many times, I received a headache and my cheeks grew a dark crimson red. I knew Jade would confront me about the occurrence, and I was dreading it.

Shaking my head as my curls bounced around, I pushed myself off the wall. I tip-toed down the hall, hating the loud clunking noise my shoes were making as I walked alone. Step after step I cringed to myself. It was as the shoe sounds were getting louder, that I could barely hear my own thoughts. Groaning I stopped and crouched down to my feet. Carefully slow I slid the wedges off my feet, and held them in one hand as I continued down the endless hall. Yes, I'll admit it was quiet disgusting walking down the hall bare feet, but it was a whole lot better than clunk clunk.

Once at my locker, I placed my wedges inside and pulled out a pair of black sneakers that had a pair of socks in them. Slipping them on I closed my locker, and headed for my first period class. A few minutes later I had arrived at my destination. Quietly I opened the wooden door as all the eyes in the room switched to me. Automatically everyones' mouths were moving animatedly, gossiping about my new appearance. Some stating how I was trying to hard, how I had horrible taste, or how I was 'hot'.

"Ms. Clears, thank you for joining us today." My physics teacher, Mr. Riceberg, shot me a mocking grin. "Please take your time making it to your seat."

Giving a sheepish smile, I made my way to my seat beside Jade who was glaring at my shoes. I could tell already this class was going to be hell.

------------------------------

I was completely right about the class being hell. My mind was drifting off to Jett, and I could not focus on a single word that came out of my old teacher's mouth. The only words I caught were 'We will be having a pop quiz over this material during the week, prepare yourself.' However my brain didn't focus on those words for to long before it wandered back off to Jett. Stupid Jett and his stupidly fit body that I had pushed up against me an hour ago.

Is it bad I would do it over again? Except I think I'd like it better if he instigated it. He was the one who had me pinned up against a wall, and his lips were near my ear whispering sweet little nothings.

I bit my lip slightly. Oo, to make it better he could be shirtless! (Gif above) 

Damn it, Roxanne, get a grip on your teenage hormones!

RING! RING!

The bell abruptly jerked me from my dirty thoughts and signaled for lunch. Quickly grabbing my bag, I made my way back to my locker when Jade grabbed my wrist.

"Want to explain to me where your wedges went?!" She said glaring at my tennis shoes. I rolled my eyes and opened my locker. "My babies!" She screamed, grabbing them and hugging them tightly to her chest. Glancing up at me she gave me a sheepish smile, "I mean your babies?"

Laughing at her silly antics, I closed my locker and gave her a slight smirk. "It worked by the way." However, I'm not sure how well the planned actually worked. I wasn't supposed to be still feeling self-conscious, and I think if I ran into Jacob right now I would probably shit myself because I'm that nervous of what he'll think. Sure, Jett liked...well more than liked my wardrobe change and approached, but he's Jett. What doesn't he like?

Shaking my thoughts away I quickly strutted off to the lunch room leaving her with weird squeaking noises escape her mouth. Well I tried strutting off to the lunch room, but I was stopped once again. What does a girl gotta do to just get some food?! Turning around I glared at the person who had tapped my shoulder, "Can I help you?"

Jacob gave an uneasy smile, while incoherent words started tumbling out of my mouth. "I-uh..you..umm..me...what...shit."

Shit indeed. I didn't want to run into him yet, I'm not ready. 

I thought I was past all this anxiousness, I mean for heaven sakes I just had my body pressed up against Jett's amazingly taunt body

I thought I was past all this anxiousness, I mean for heaven sakes I just had my body pressed up against Jett's amazingly taunt body. Wait, focus! I blushed a deep red as my eyes met with Jacobs chocolate orbs. His eyes held amusement and his uneasy smile had shifted into a small smirk.

"Can we talk? And by talk I mean can I apologize for being such a dick these past few days?" He shifted uncomfortably as he laughed. I nodded my head, and he lead me away from the crowded hallway in front of the lunchroom that held my mouth water food.

"Please make it quick, I'm starving." I murmured.

"Of course! I don't even know where to start. I guess the day in the library when we were suggested to work on our project. This is going to sound so lame, but I was jealous," his eyes looked anywhere but my face, "you showed up a bit flustered, then I see you staring at Jett of all people...I just was pissed off and took my frustration out on you. So I sincerely apologize for being a jealous bastard the other day will you let me make up for it by buying your lunch? It's the least I could do." He smiled as his eyes finally connected with mine.

"I mean I guess I accept, but only because you offered to buy me food. I'd be stupid to pass up free food." A giggle escaped my lips.

"Great," he paused slightly glancing at something over my shoulder before he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "It's a date!" His voice raised in volume causing my eyes to widen at his word choice and tone. It was almost like a warning tone, but it was the least of my concerns.

"A date?"

"Sorry, I meant we should also pick a date to work on our project that's due in a couple of months. I think I'm free this Thursday." He smiled and continued to lead me to the cafeteria. "You look amazing by the way, love the tennis shoes." 

I smiled lightly at the comment but it soon faded into a frown as a heard a locker being punched. 

"Dammit!" I heard, for the second time today, from the hallway before Jacob pushed me through the grey lunchroom doors. 

Hope you enjoyed chapter 8. Please comment, vote, and follow for more! 

Ps. This is how I feel because I finally updated again...and because I love Dylan O'Brien.. :3

                           - Wigginsstyle 

                           - Wigginsstyle