15. [Isabella]

Looking around the classroom, familiar faces stared back at me. After I'd introduced myself, most of the guys that used to laugh at me were looking at me with lust-filled eyes, practically with drools down their chins. I rolled my eyes. They were still as superficial as ever. All they cared about was looks. If I was standing here looking like I did before, they wouldn't even spare me a glance.

Hearing a loud laugh, I turned my eye on Rachel. She still looked as bitchy as ever, but I could tell her eyes were screaming in envy when she glanced at the bag in my hand. I smiled, feeling satisfied.

Her eyes narrowed slightly when she saw the smirk on my face, turning away a second later. Knowing that Thomas was right next to her, I watched her interact with him. A moment later, she stood up abruptly, and slammed her chair against her desk.

I jolted where I stood and watched her take the seat next to Amanda—the only available seat left in the classroom. I cursed silently knowing that I'll have to sit next to Thomas now. Seeing his eyes glowering at his desk, I almost wanted to dash back home and cuddle with Sweets for a few more hours. What if he had recognized me? What if he starts making fun of me again? Amanda said my disguise was foolproof, but what if she was wrong? What if—

"Isabella," the teacher said, snapping me out of my racing thoughts. "You can take a seat next to Thomas."

"Um, right."

Thomas looked up as I slowly walked up to his desk. Seeing the smile on his face, I let out a deep breath. Thank God, he hasn't figured it out yet. If he did, he wouldn't be smiling at me right now. He would be laughing at me, and calling me Isacow. Biting my lower lip, I pushed that thought to the back of my mind, and took the seat next to him.

"Hey." The smile on his face widened, as I saw his body shifting in the corner of my eyes. "I'm Thomas." He extended his hand towards me. I arched my brow, looking at it. "It's nice to meet you."

I gave him a curt nod, and turned my attention back to the board. Hearing the definite silence in the air—save for Mr. Jacob talking, I knew he was dumbfounded by my response. I bet no girl gave him the silent treatment before.

"Ah . . ." he started, followed by some scratching noises. "So, um . . . how do you like our school so far?" he asked, even though it was obvious I wanted nothing to do with him.

I simply shrugged in reply.

When he sighed in frustration, I almost wanted to erupt in a fit of laughter.

"You know," he tried once more, after mumbling some incoherent sentences under his breath. "You have the same first name as someone I used to know." My back straightened up hearing that sentence come out of his mouth. If I'd remembered correctly I was the only Isabella at Woodway Prep. But why the hell would he bring me up?

"Oh?"

He perked up when I spoke. "Yeah. Her name was Isabella Ace, but she moved last year."

My mouth formed an oval shape, as I listened, not missing the slight glare in his eyes and the change in tone when he said my name. "How come?"

"I don't really know." He shrugged and leaned back in his seat. "But good riddance."

"Sounds like you didn't like her."

"I hated her." I watched the specks of whites in his eyes turned black. Even though I already knew he didn't like me, I didn't think his hate for me was that strong. What the hell did I even do to make him hate me so much? Was my ugliness too much to bare? Was that it? Was I too pathetic for him to look at?

"Thomas, please stop talking while I'm trying to teach." Mr. Jacob sighed. I turned to see him staring at Thomas. "We all know you're not that welcoming."