#6

Geoff's warm, large hand held Awsten's cold, smaller one as the pair walked. Geoff had dragged Awsten out for a walk, and to their luck, it was sunny and warm.

They found a soft patch of grass, and sat down. Awsten instantly picked the daisies and began to make a chain. He often made daisy chains and flower crowns for himself, and sometimes Geoff too. Geoff was a typical man of twenty three, living on his Tumblr punk aesthetic, and he would never wear a flower crown. Awsten was very into his pastel aesthetic, obsessed with sweaters and flowers. He often wore flowers in his hair.

They were opposites and that's why they made such a good couple.

Geoff watched the smaller boy weave little white flowers together, admiring him silently. He smiled and shifted closer, gently placing am arm around Awsten. The younger leaned against him gently and continued making the flower crown.

He was soon finished and he smiled. He looked up at Geoff and placed it on his fluffy hair. "You look pretty." He murmured.

Geoff loved it. He loved the flower crown atop his head. "Thank you, love." He whispered, leaning down to kiss Awsten's cheek. The smaller boy smiled and quickly began another chain. This one was for himself. He made his own crown, placing it over his own pastel blue hair.

"you're so gorgeous." Geoff said softly, holding Awsten closer as he kissed his hair.

Awsten giggled and shrugged a little. "nah..."

Geoff was about to reply, but Awsten had turned stiff and cold. He panicked, holding Awsten's hand, trying to understand what had shaken the boy. He bit his lip and gently rubbed his back.

"Awsten...love, what's wrong?" He asked very softly.

Awsten gripped the warm hands enveloping his own, his eyes wide. He shouldn't be here. Oh no, oh no. He wasn't supposed to be here. He had gone. Years ago he moved away, out of Texas. He was back, and Awsten was horrified.

The blue haired boy looked away and tried to hide his face against Geoff's shoulder. He held onto him and whispered, "he's back..."

Geoff frowned and cupped his face, "Awsten." He whispered, "he won't hurt you."

Geoff knew Awsten had always had problems with his father. He was a drunk, abusive towards him and his mother. Geoff knew because Awsten would have ran to his house in the middle of the night and climbed through the window to see him. Awsten was only thirteen and Geoff was fourteen when this began. Awsten didn't deserve it.

Geoff held Awsten and looked around, seeing the man that had caused Awsten to be this frightened. He gently rubbed Awsten's back and kept him close. "you're safe. I'll keep you safe." He promised in a soft whisper.

Awsten nodded. He trusted Geoff and he knew that Geoff would keep him safe. The elder had a thing that Awsten called his 'safe aura' or sometimes a 'protective bubble'. He felt it now, and it was calming.

However, Awsten was still so shaken up. He watched as his father walked on by, not even noticing the couple. Awsten breathed a deep sigh of relief.

Thank God.

-
Shit!!! Is!! About!!! To!!! Go!!! Down!!!
I warned you okay
Hope you enjoyed it
-amber🖤