Chapter Four - Part 2

Inhaling deeply and biting my lip, I waited for Mr. Ross's reaction. Angrily, he tugged a protesting Arrow over to where I stood. His rough treatment of the cheeky little colt surprised me, I had never seen Mr. Ross be anything but gentle with a horse, especially a foal. Fear flooded through me, this had never even happened before, why did he look so furious?

"Allegra Mason!" He boomed, causing the other girls to stare in silence.

"Yes, Mr. Ross?" I gulped quietly, fiddling anxiously with my watch.

"Did Cassidy not tell you?!" He asked madly, raising his eyebrows.

"No...?" I replied, a puzzled look spreading across my flustered face.

"This colt, is extremely dangerous. You may not, under any circumstances, take this horse out of his stall without my permission. We do not want a repeat of... Last week..." Mr. Ross explained, looking at the fidgety black colt with disgust. Confusion cycled through me, Cassidy had not informed me of any of this, she never even spoke to me. Curiosity also sparked inside me, what had Arrow done?

"Oh. I uh, didn't know Mr. Ross," I started truthfully "I was just heading to the round pens to do some groundwork and stuff. I don't know what happened." I told him quietly, hoping he would elaborate in the whole 'Last Week' thing. Mr. Ross shook his head and cautiously handed me Arrow's tattered lead rope.

"I'm sorry Allegra, I thought Cassidy told you. You can take him to the round pen but you must have someone watching you. I though you were here when it happened anyway." Mr. Ross apologized calmly before walking off. He left me in the yard completely puzzled and trying to steady the insane ebony colt.

"Hey Ally!" Lacey called, leading Flash calmly towards me. Arrow pricked his ears and whinnied loudly at the other youngster who tossed his head in reply.

"Hi Lacey." I replied with a small smile, staring blankly at Arrow.

"Where you heading?" Lacey asked, returning my smile politely.

"Well I was going to the round pen but apparently Arrow's too dangerous for me to go with out someone to watch me." I explained with a sigh.

"I'll try and go in the one next to yours with Flash and then I can watch you." Lacey suggested, pointing over to the four vacant rings.

"That would be awesome!" I replied cheerfully.

"Let's go then." She finished and with that we both took off.

Arrow bounced apprehensively in front of me, his head held high and proudly. Flash was much more laid back, he walked quietly beside Lacey who kept a firm grip on his lead rope and patted him calmly. Suddenly, Arrow reared up, yanking the lead rope from my hand.

"Arrow!" I yelled, grabbing the flighty horse's lead rope just before he raced off.

The horse snorted indignantly as I kept a hold of him. As I led him into the round pen and unclipped the lead rope, the colt dashed off, leaping and bucking freely.

That's when I realized how difficult this whole thing might be.

__________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter is super short! (And terrible and unedited...)
Next chapter will hopefully be more interesting, she's going to start training Arrow!
But of course, not without a little interference from Cassidy French!
I might make a new cover, I've got an idea for it I will post it on the side image thing later.

Each time I do a chapter I will dedicate it to someone, maybe a commentor or just someone who has epic stories and you should check out their books!
Thanks for over 480 reads!! It's awesome!