Chapter 7

Danielle’s POV:

 I opened the door and it was no surprise that it was Niall. “Hey Niall, come on in.” He walked into my family room and kind of looked around like he didn’t know what to do. He sat down on the couch because Sydney obviously wasn’t ready yet. Niall’s in my house and sitting on my couch. Oh my god. Niall suddenly spoke after a long period of silence, “Harry can’t stop talking about you Danielle. All he talks about is Danielle likes this and Danielle does that. You guys have to go out! Has he asked you out yet?" "No not yet." I blushed. "Don't worry, I'll hook you guys up." He winked at me. What I would do to see that curly-haired boy again. He made me feel so happy, I couldn't wait to see him again. I looked over at Niall's phone screen and saw that he was texting Harry. 

Sydney’s POV:

 I walked out to find Danielle talking to Niall. It seemed kind of awkward. I knew Danielle didn’t deal well with these kind of situations. We both were pretty awkward people. “Hi Niall”, I greeted him. I gave him a big bear hug. Gosh he was a great hugger. He seemed speechless. He didn’t say a word for what seemed like the longest time. Why wasn’t he saying anything? Did I look okay? Did I have something in my teeth? He just keep looking at me. Come on Niall, say something! He finally spoke, “Wow. You…ummmm......you......look beautiful, Sydney.” I couldn’t help but blush. My cheeks turned bright red and Niall slightly giggled.“So should we go Niall?” I couldn’t wait to spend the whole day alone with him, just me and Niall. “Yeah sure." Niall and I started walking towards the door. “I’ll see you later. Hope you have fun on your dates”, I said while hugging them goodbye. Niall opened the door for me, “After you, my lady.”

I stepped outside and walked over to Niall’s car. It was a pretty standard car, black and small. I figured it was just a rental car. He opened the car door for me of course, he was such a gentleman. He walked around to the other side of the car and he hopped in. We started driving away from Danielle’s house. I’m alone in a car with a boy. Even better its not just any boy, its Niall Horan. After driving for a few minutes Niall finally said something, “So where we going?” He looked over at me and just stared into my eyes. “Just keep driving, I’ll tell you where to turn.” I knew exactly where I was going to take him. “Is it going to be a surprise?”, he said excitedly. I nodded at him. There wasn’t much in this small town but I knew a few places I could take him. “Turn right here……. and then left here.” I think I knew where we were going. Even though I have lived here my whole life I still wasn’t very good at directions. “Take the next right and we will have reached our destination!”, I looked over at him and smiled. He took my hand and kissed it, “I’ve missed you. I’m glad we’re doing this.”

I took him to my favorite park nearby. It had the best playground in town and it even had a merry-go-round and place to get snow cones. I used to come here all the time when I was little. I would spend hours on the playground using my imagination and playing games. Life was so easy then. I still enjoy it even though I’m older now. I took his hand and we ran over to the swings. The swings had always been my favorite because it feels like you’re flying when you’re on them. I sat down on a swing and Niall sat on the swing next to me. “Doesn't it feel like you're flying?" Niall said. I didn't answer him right away because I felt so relaxed and free. "You just read my mind." I leaned over and pecked him on the lips. He smiled.

I started pumping my legs to go faster and higher on the swing. "Oh so now it’s a competition now?”, he said in that strong Irish accent. All of the sudden he started going really fast and he caught up to me. It was fun to have a little competition with him. It was flirty too. I slowed down the swing because I felt like I was going to fall off. Niall slowed down too. We held hands while still swinging on the swings. It felt like a fairytale moment. Even though it was totally cliche, it was a magical moment. 

“So, what do you think?”, I questioned him about the park. “It’s cool. I’ve never seen a train or a merry-go-round at a park before.” “I used to come here all of the time when I was little. I miss being a little kid.” He smiled at me. It was his way of agreeing with me. Niall and I understood each other. He suddenly spoke, “Who said we can't be little kids?" He jumped off the swing and started running towards the merry-go-round. I quickly jumped off. "Wait for me!" He turned around and took my hand. We looked like little kids running around the park.  "Let's go on the train!” We frolicked through the grass and went to where you got on the train. The train took you through the park and around the lake nearby. It was beautiful summer day, it was warm but not too hot. It was such a magical moment being on the train with Niall. I laid my head on his shoulder with his hands in mine. I just enjoyed the calmness of nature. There were no worries and no regrets. It was peaceful.

 “How about some lunch?”, Niall said after getting off of the train. I was hungry too now that I thought about it.  I took Niall to my favorite Italian restaurant that was just down the road. We walked because it was super close. He was holding my hand and I noticed people looking at me. Did they know who he was? It was weird with so many people looking at me. Ever since I was a kid I never liked the attention to be on me. We finally got to the restaurant after all of those dirty looks. 

Niall and I had a good lunch. We both had spaghetti and I felt like we were in Lady and the Tramp. Disney movies are my favorites. At the end of our meal the waitress brought the check. "I'll get the check don't worry about it", he said sarcastically. He knew I couldn't pay for it because I didn't bring any money. God I'm such a dork. I laughed. "I'm just kidding I'll be happy to pay for you." He reached across the table and took my hand. "Are you ready to go?" "Sure"

Right when we walked out of the restaurant. I bumped into someone. Why was I so clumsy? I looked up to see a similar face. It was her.