Chapter 2

"Omg its Niall Horan!" I heard a girl screamed at the top of her lungs before we escaped the craziness. "Wow thats a lot of fans." I suddenly said. He seemed confused. "Yeah... that's not the worst of it. Do you who I am too? I mean not to sound concieted or anything. I just haven't really met a cool girl like you who wasn't such a crazed fan like those girls back there." He pulled off his hat and sunglasses and he unzipped his hoodie. He's such a sex god. He thought I was cool! Wait Sydney what are you going to do here? He just kept talking about crazy fans when you are one and you didn't stop him! Play it cool, don't scare him off. "You're Niall Horan from One Direction. I'm a big fan of you're music...." I paused. "Of course, another fan." He said meanly. 

What the hell is wrong with him? He said he loved his fans in past interviews. I thought he was different then all of those fake, stuck up celebrities. People always told me that they were just another stupid boy band but I didn't believe them. That's why I loved One Direction. They were 5 down to earth guys who just did what they loved. I looked down in disgust. He lifted my chin up. "Babe I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry that didn't come out the right way. I love the fans. I mean, I wouldn't be where I am without them! It just gets crazy sometimes, you know." He bit his lip. "Like what happened back there. I had to wear all of these clothes just to get out of my hotel but they still saw me. I even tried to go somewhere far enough from the hotel so they wouldn't suspect anything. Can't a guy just get a snack?" I laughed. Oh Niall, always hungry. We had that in common.  "I'm sorry Niall. I like your guys's music and stuff but I wouldn't ever do anything crazy like that. I do have some dignity." I laughed. He smiled at my laughter, "You have the cutest laugh." I blushed. 

I was so nervous that I was speaking to Niall that I didn't really know what to say next. I wasn't the best in these type of situations. It seems like he didn't know what to say either and there was a long awkward pause. He finally spoke, "Well I better get going I have a concert to do tonight. Are you going?" "Yeah! I'm super excited. I'm sure you guys will do great." I'm sure you guys will do great? Why the hell would I say that? Of course they would do great they're One Direction! I was so nervous I didn't even know what I was saying.

"Sydney, right?" I guess he saw my bracelet that said Sydney because I forgot to tell him my name. I looked down at my bracelet that was engraved with my name. I had it every since I was a kid. I nodded. "Well Sydney I'm glad I met you. You seem like a very cool girl........I'd like it very much if I saw you again. How about you and me hang out tonight? We could catch a late dinner after the concert....." I can't believe this is happening. Before he could say anything else I spoke, "I gotta check my calendar but that sounds great." I tried making a joke but he laughed so I guess it worked. "Here's my number. Call me after the concert and we'll meet up. Only if your calendar is free though." He scribbled his number on the palm of my hand. "Don't let any crazy fans get a hold of this now." He leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Bye Sydney." He smiled and put his "disguise" back on. He slowly walked out of the ally behind the restaurant making sure there weren't any crazy fans. He waved goodbye before heading out to the street. I waved back. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

What the fuck just happened? Did Niall seriously just ask me out? Is this real life? Am I dreaming? He always said he would date a fan but I never really believed it until now.

 I walked out to the street with a big smile on my face. The kind of smile you get when you really like someone. All you can think of is that person and they make you smile every time you think about them, every time you see something that reminds you of him, every time you hear his name.

 I hurried back to my car, it seemed like ages since I left Danielle to come find my keys. I didn't say a word. I just smiled. "So did you find them?" She looked down at my hand to see the keys safe in my hands. I turned my hand over to show her Niall’s number scribbled on my left hand.