02: Breaking a teacher's hostility

02 : breaking a teacher's hostility

💔 Sloan Aphrodisiac 💔

"Miss Aphrodisiac, stay after class." Cortez said as she handed the homework out. My desk partner's brows rose and he laughed at me.

I scowled at him and stood up from my screeching chair. I grabbed my backpack and held it by the handle, "Shut up, Mario."

When that direct insult didn't shut him up, I smoothly lied, "Oh, did you do the pre-calc packet that's due today?"

He stopped sniggering for a second and I saw fear twinkle in his dark eyes. "What? I thought that was due Friday, Miss Marie said that? Didn't she say that? I'm gonna fail, Sloan. My four point oh will go down, oh hell no."

I couldn't stop the amused smile that quirked at my lips as he began sprinting out of the classroom, rambling about the homework. Eh, he'd find out I fibbed soon enough.

"I see you, Sloan." My sneaky expression diminished when Cortez saw me attempt to slip out of class. With a sigh, I plodded to her desk and planted my hands on it.

"Yes, Shelly?" I addressed Cortez by her first name, scrolling through my snapchat. One clip in particular caught my attention and I ignored Cortez's lecture as I watched Simrin get completely soaked by a balloon with a blue liquid in slow motion, ruining her white uniform. When the video was almost done, my phone was snatched from me. With a yelp, I tried to take it back from Cortez, who was now watching the video. Her countenance changed from angry to sympathetic.

She gave me my phone back reluctantly. "May wanna go check on Miss Carmendarez. Bless her."

With a small, grateful smile, I bolted. Simrin was filmed when she was next to her locker. Her locker was in the same hall as mine so if I just went this wa-

"You fudging hippo! Are you stupid? Don't answer that, of course you are! What the pickle did you just throw on me!"

Only one person I know considers pickle, hippo, and fudging a bad word.

"Bingo." I whispered to myself as I watched Simrin yell at River-fucking-Blake. My eyes widened, she obviously didn't know who she was dealing with. But, then again, she's stupid. But, she's my stupid. Le sigh.

I slid to the scene - courtesy of the substance that had fallen on the floor - and placed my hands on Simrin's shoulder in hopes to balance myself. She silenced for a moment and turned, about to yell at me too before realizing who I was. I threw my arm around Simrin's shoulders and covered her mouth, sending River a casual smirk.

"Sup, Blake."

"Sloan." River acknowledged, shooting me his always-there smirk, and tousling my curls.

River Blake; son of Howard Blake, the former mayor. River, like I, is flattered over at Saint Gerard's. Dirty blonde ruffles, eyes the color of the murky sea, being held back a grade for getting in a fight that put a teacher in a coma and failing Science - not because of his brains, but because of his lack of effort - gave him an enticing bad boy aura.

"Sorry about my friend, she was dropped as a baby." I apologized and Simrin growled under my hand. Before River could talk, Simrin bit me, the bitch.

"Ow, what the fuck?" I hissed, attempting to shake the pain out of my hand. Simrin guiltlessly smiled at me and then glared at both River and I.

"Firstly, I only got dropped once, by Julian." She referred to her older brother in humiliation. "And secondly, why should we apologize. He's the dork that threw a balloon filled with who-knows-what at me!"