05 : Breaking my brother's joy

💔 Sloan Aphrodisiac 💔

My mom is very lenient when it comes to parties. The only requirements are for me to not come back home hungover (she can't handle drunk people) and to have a responsible companion.

Today however, was a different story.

"Ma, why?" I exclaimed in frustration. She sat there, acting all bossy and mom-ish meanwhile Leith sits back and enjoys my tantrum. "I don't know what you're smiling about, bucko, this only means mom doesn't think you're old enough to stay home alone."

Leith stuck his tongue out at me before turning to mom with wide molten eyes, "You don't trust me?"

Mom rubbed her temples and caressed Leith's face lovingly. Ugh."Of course I trust you baby, but I don't think it's safe."

"Sloan stays home alone all the time." Leith whines and I scoff.

"It's because mom's lying, I'm trustworthy, unlike you." I wrinkle my nose and Leith slaps me. With an angry gasp, I slap him back. This goes on until Leith takes it overboard and throws me over his shoulder, dangling me from his back.

"MOM!" I scream, banging on Leith's back. I stare eyes wide at the ground that's oh-so close to me and capable of pushing my face in. I'm taller than Leith by an inch or two, but he's way buffer, courtesy of the cruel exercise techniques his dance teacher puts him through.

THIS BUTTHOLE BETTER PUT ME DOWN RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

My thoughts right there. I would say them out loud, but I need to act like the victim and if I curse, I'll get a whooping just like Leith is bound to get.

"LEITH, PUT YOUR SISTER DOWN THIS INSTANT." Mom puts on her scary, authoritative voice, and Leith abides instantly. Now that I can see her, she's fuming. Her stub of a nose is flared and she's gripping at her waist tightly, as if struggling to not smack Leith.

"Sloan, you will take your brother to the mall. Do not let him buy anything, unless it's food, and no yummy junk, only healthy crap. If he misbehaves, he'll be grounded longer he already is-"

I nod in agreement but Leith makes a face, "What? I'm not grounded."

"Now you are." Mom says, eerily calm. Leith grumbles, but doesn't protest. I smile at my mom and kiss her structured cheek. Sloan for the win!

Mom takes out twenty dollars from her purse and hands it to me. This day keeps getting better and better! "Honey, this is for Leith's food. Go upstairs and get ready to go to Collins. I'm going to have a talk with your brother."

I nod obediently, knowing that I'll keep the twenty dollars. Ignoring the yells from downstairs, I finish readying myself. Earlier, before I was able to get ready, mom had called me down and told me that the only way I could go to Brooklyn's party, was if I took Leith shopping with me. You know how the rest goes.

Now that my period's gone, I'm free to wear light colors, so that's what I do. I slip into a white oversized hoodie and blue velvet shorts. I leave my hair down and my face makeup free.

Angel on the outside, Devil on the inside. I think, blowing my reflection a conceited kiss to the mirror. What? You can't survive without a little ego.