Blood-Red Idea

Feet up, fancy biscuits and my best friend... All I need in order to forget the previous happenings. Sure, the pull was still there, but I'm going to hide it or bury it until I'm forced to uncover what's clearly been building up. We were watching The Simpsons, when we started talking about our lives.

"Niall's so cute, I wish I had a younger brother." Carrie smiled, turning down the TV.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked, curious.

"Older sister, she was also in the... hospital." She murmured, but shrugged it off.

I gasped. "How could you leave her!?" I questioned, shocked that I hadn't known this.

"She was the one that put me there. She was only my half-sister and we had only actually met for the first time whilst their. I guess I should explain..." Carrie sighed, and I shifted so I was facing her.

"Ever watched Scream?" She asked, and I nodded. Ever since the woods I've been into horror. "Well, I was getting phone calls much like that. I was attacked in my own home aged 10, whilst my Mum went to Tesco for some teabags and such. The background is simple, my Dad had an affair with my Mum before I was born and this crazy woman got pregnant. Apparently, she raised her kid to be a psychopath, and hunt down the woman that got to my Dad first. Obviously, Dad got a divorce... She came for me, jealous or something. When I was questioned, potentially for arson as the house was alight and my Mum refused to tell them that she wasn't at home... They didn't believe me when I said it was monocide. Murder." She paused, and tried to stop the tears. I couldn't do anything but hear her out, so I let her struggle. "It came to a conclusion that I was attempting suicide. They put me into the mental place, and that's where and when they shot me. Something about 'should've let it happen the first time, kiddo' and 'get a taste of what you failed'. Of course, I was treated right away." She stopped. And I was about to speak, when we both started speaking at the same time. She wasn't done?

"They were going to let me out after a month, after they were certain that I wasn't going to jump off a cliff. But my Mum refused to collect me, and claimed to be mistaken as her daughter was killed in a house fire. Ironic, right?" She laughed sarcastically, but I could feel the hatred behind it. "I stayed there, for two years. At 12 years old, I was the longest patient. A week and three days after my birthday, I met. Best Birthday present ever." She laughed, and somehow I knew that I shouldn't say I was sorry, or tell her that she's been through a lot... she knows that. She needs to know what's going to change.

"Carrie... we're going to fight back. Against everything. We need to show the world the true horros of the world." I leaned closer to her, and she raised a brow and grunted in sign of explaining.
"Tomorrow? We need to go to the woods, and you need to record what happens." I explained, and she looked at me with her mouth wide open. Amongst the creme sofa, her auburn hair shone in the sunset, and her amber eyes watered and glassed over with worry. She was truly beautiful.

"Des, that's not a good idea..." She cautioned, and worry ceased her tone. 

Stubbornly, I persisted. "Can you think of any better proof?"

She sighed, and indulged in another biscuit. "Besides, I think it's time you see what really happens." I pulled a half smile.

"Destery, I don't think-"

"No, Carrie. No thinking, just action." I gave her a menacing.

"Destery! Snap out of it! You're not like this!" Carrie yelled in a whisper, but I couldn't Parts of me were, yet again, tearing at my common sense.

"I need to get to the woods, Carrie. I need to make this end." My blood began to boil, like in the clearing, but I was crying at the same time. I'm not myself, and I don't know how to become Destery again.

"It's getting dark..."

"Carrie!" I pulled at her gown, which I realised that I hadn't offered her some clothes. "Make this end." I whispered, feeling my insides churning, aching to be in the clearing.

"If it's going to help you. But we need to hurry."