Chapter 7

Anthony's POV:

"Andy? Andy!" W-What?

"What the hell is bothering you today? This is the fourth time you have spaced out." Josh flicked my forehead hard as he stood in front of me with a tray of freshly baked apple pies

"Woah, Holy shit! You're hot!" He immediately placed his try on the counter before rushing back over frantically.

"Thanks. I know I am." I joked causing him to flip me off.

"No that 'hot' you idiot!" Resting the back of his hand on my forehead, he swiftly removed it as if I had just scalded him.

"You have a fever. God dammit! Why did you even come to work at the first place? Urghh. Go home now and get some rest. We will handle the customers for today."

"No...I don't want to go home. "

"Why? For these few days, you haven't been returning to your house already!" He exclaimed desperately as he ran his hand through his hair, not knowing what to do.

"Family matters. Ignore me. Just go do your work. I'll be fine at the back." Shoo-ing him away, he trudged off unwilling, shooting looks back at me every single time. He's such a worry wart.

~ Flashback to the day Anthony kicked Brandon out of his cafe...

"How's work honey? I'm glad that it wasn't that busy today." Not busy?

"Not busy?" Who even told her that?

"No? Brandon told me that it wasn't busy today, that's why you sent him home early. Isn't that what happened?" Such lies coming from a monster...

"No. That wasn't what happened at all!  Did you know what he did? He put flies in my customers' drinks, served them with an atrocious behaviour! Did you know how many customers complaint to me today and how much I had lost due to his actions?! I sent him home because I had enough of his stupid attitude, not because it's not busy! I hate him!" Her eyes shot open at my outburst as that was my very first time exploding in front of her.

"He wouldn't do that, dear. Maybe you misunderstood him? Where did he get all the flies at the first place?"

"So you say that none of these is his fault? Not even his bad service attitude?"

"He's just a kid, take it easy-"

"Just a kid? He's 26! We're both 26! How can I take it easy when all he did when he entered my cafe is to wreck my whole business upside down?! Today is the only day, out of the 5 years which I've received more than 30 complains, which is 6 times more than one my first day of starting my cafe!"

"I'm sure he doesn't mean it dear."

"So you're sticking up for him now? Wait...why am I surprised....he has been always your favourite. Whatever he does wrong, no matter how bad, you just forgive him without much questions.  I give up. I'm out of this place as long as he's here." Grabbing a few sets of clothes, I stuffed them into my haversack before walking out with tears which threatened to escape.

Flashback end~

Why...why does she not believe me? Am I that insignificant to her? Am I that incomparable to him? Am I that worthless? What if I'm adopted? Not their actual son and only he is...no...that can't be true...That can't be...Urgh...my head hurts.

"Boss! We need 4 boxes of strawberry squares out front!" Joanne exclaims as she attended to a petite young lady.

"Coming!" Gathering the 4 boxes of the strawberry squares, I stood up abruptly causing me to spin on the spot. Ooo...stars...so pretty. Wait, I have to deliver these first.

"Here."

"Thanks boss. Shit, you don't look too good. Are you alright?" The last thing I need is one more person fussing over me.

"Yup. I'm fine." I gave her a shaky smile before leaning against the wall in exhaustion. I'm sleepy...

"Boss, a customer is calling for you. " Staring towards the direction she pointed, I realised that the customers are...what's his name...oh ya, Dominic and a guy who I have no idea what he's called.

Nodding slowly, I picked myself from the wall before walking over to them weakly. My legs feel like they're going to give in...stars again? So pretty- the last thing I saw was a large shadow over me before darkness took over. Goodnight.