Chapter Twenty

***

"But baby now take me into your loving arms

kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

place your head on my beating heart

thinking out loud

that maybe we found love right where we are."

- Ed Sheeran 

***

Thea 

After a good hour or two I walk downstairs to hear laughter coming from the living room. Curious I walk towards the room and see Zeke and Asher laughing their asses off.

I rub my eyes and blink a couple of times to make sure what I am seeing is actually real. Sensing my presence the boys turn their head towards me and I can see that they are trying really hard not to burst into laughter.

I roll my eyes. Boys.

Getting tired of their idocity I turn to see what they are looking at. My face turns a deep shade of red as I take in the screen that is showing all my goddamned baby pictures.

How the hell did they get their hands on these?

Quickly I grab the remote, but someone grabs it from my hand as soon as I am about to turn it off. Turning around I see Asher giving me an amused smile.

"Give it back Asher," I growl.

"Let me think about it... no."

I try to snatch it from him but he quickly gave it to Zeke.

"Oh so now all of sudden you like each other!?"

"Aww is someone jealous," Zeke said. "I promise I only love you Shorty."

I roll my eyes but behind me I could feel Asher tensing up and stepping away from me. Confused I looked around, but didn't see him.

"Miss lover boy already."

I roll my eyes. "I don't love him."

"Look I am not going to say all that bullshit about him looking at you in a certain way, but he gets easily jealous you know."

I shake my head.

He said I was a mistake.

And I would always be one.

Yet a small part of me wishes it Zeke is true, that he actually did care, but I shut down those thoughts right when they came. Sitting down next to Zeke I let out a deep breath and lean back against the couch. 

"Don't let him go Thea. The guy might be an asshole, but he cares for you." 

"You don't even know how wrong you are about that one, except him being an asshole." 

"He came after you didn't he," Zeke says. 

"Zeke, I am not worth anything to him, never was and never will be now drop it." 

"His company is about to go into bankruptcy."

"What?"

"After you got arrested Martinez Corp has been going downhill. No new projects or investors resulting in the old investors to drop out. Thea that man should be in his office right now trying to get his company back together, instead he was looking for you and staying by your side."