Chapter Five: Haku's Interference

Disclaimer: I Don't Own Naruto or it's Characters. :)

************************************************************************************************

I woke up hearing water splashing loudly, my eyes fluttered open as a few droplets hit my face.  I saw Sakura sitting next me looking frightened at something.  I sat up to see Kakashi now free from the water prison.  Kakashi playing his mind tricks, it was almost over.  I pulled myself to my feet and Sakura quickly turned to me.

"Amare, you shouldn't move." I waved her off when she tried to help me.  I righted my stance to prepare for what would happen next, Sakura was about to scold me again as water poured all around us sending us flying back with it.  I held my breath as I was pushed around by the water.

I hit a tree hard and yelped out in pain.  I grabbed onto it and the water quickly faded away, I dropped to the ground and walked over to see Zabuza slammed against a tree.  Kunai flew at him and stabbed him, Kakashi landed on a branch above him.  They talked for a second and I looked over where I knew someone would appear and when they did I glared at them.  Haku quickly threw two needles into Zabuza's neck "killing" him or so everyone would believe.  Haku spoke and everyone looked at him.

"Your right, he's dead." I let out a low growl that no one would hear but Haku noticed and his face turned towards me.

I looked around to make sure no one was looking and quickly mouthed, 'great acting Haku.' before winking.  Haku visibly stiffened, I knew he'd probably be glaring at me if he didn't have his mask.  He began speaking again and I zoned out.  I found a tree and sat down leaning against it.  My wounds had reopened and now they hurt like hell, I let my eyes slip closed.  I heard everyone yelling Kakashi's name I knew he'd collapsed so I stood up and walked over to them as I scribbled on a piece of paper and handed it to Sakura.

"Amare said that it's fine he just used his Sharingan too much." Sakura said looking up at me confused and I nodded as I lifted Kakashi up and slid one of his arms over my shoulder.

I motioned for the bridge builder to lead the way and he and Sakura did, Sasuke and Naruto helped me carry Kakashi.  We got back to the bridge builders home and Kakashi explained who Haku "supposedly" was but I knew better.  He was actually Zabuza's friend and Zabuza wasn't even really dead.  It was all an act.  I sighed....Kakashi won't be able to move for a week.  What to do until then....I felt myself falling into a deep sleep as I sat in Kakashi's room.

"Amare you okay?" I heard someone ask then another voice talked but I couldn't understand anymore.  Finally the voices faded away and I was lost within a horrible nightmare.

By the time I woke up it was dark out but I could barely make out a hint of light slowly growing brighter. Hmm....morning...I thought to myself groggily.  I looked around to see Sakura asleep on the floor near me.  I guess they moved me from Kakashi's room....I pulled the blanket they'd put over me off and noticed my bandages were new.  I stood up and made my way silently out of the room grabbing my weapon pouch as I went.

I made my way outside not alerting anyone and quickly left a note on the dining table addressed to Kakashi telling him I'd gone to train.  Then that is exactly what I did.  I left and found the spot Kakashi would bring the others to later and I began by testing out to see if I even was able to use chakra.  I concentrated and gasped when I could feel the energy flowing within me.

I then thought of something, I concentrated all the chakra to my troat and opened my mouth to sing...

Lullaby Lullaby,

Help me fall asleep tonight,

Lullaby Lullaby,

I promise I'll never cry again,

So Lullaby don't leave me,

Sing me to sleep,

And as I drift into a dream simply fade away,

Lullaby Lullaby

My voice echoed through the trees as I finished the song, tears gently streaming down my face.  It was a lullaby my mother used to sing me.  I quickly whiped the tears away the gasped as I suddenly realized that it had worked.  I'd sung.  This time I tried not building up chakra and tried again opening my mouth to speak.

"I can speak." I said quietly and waited.  No coughing.

"I can talk again!" I screamed out happily as I jumped up and down for joy.  I then remembered what I'd come here for and stopped focusing on training again.  I quickly built up my chakra in my feet being careful not to release too much or too little then I tried.  I made a running start towards the tree and made my way up halfway before jumping back down un able to go up further.

"Hmm...interesting..." I said smiling to myself as I tried again.  It was still a bit dark out but by the time I managed to get to the top the sun was already in the sky and then I heard Kakashi speaking below and looked down to see them all standing there.

I stayed silent and watched as Kakashi showed them what to do then let the go off on their own.  I giggled as Naruto fell immediatly.  I guess Susuke heard me because he looked up, his eyes wide, his momentary distraction causing him to fall too.  I laughed.  Sakura was pretty high up now and she stopped and sat on a branch.  I began climbing down and landing not far from Kakashi, he gave me a shocked look.

"How'd you-" Kakashi started but I held up a hand.

"I can talk!" I squeeked out and jumped on Kakashi hugging him tightly.  I could feel everyones eyes on me as Kakashi sweatdropped.

"What?" Kakashi said as he pried me off of him.

"I can talk, I don't know how but when I got out here I tried singing and I could and then I realized I could talk and oh my gosh it's amazing! I'm so happy because I can sing again!  Oh and also I'm going to take a walk I already know how to do the whole tree climbing thing!" I talked quickly and it seemed everyone had trouble understanding but before they could say anything I took off skipping in a random direction.

"Did she go crazy?" I heard Naruto ask as I skipped away causing me to laugh.  Maybe Naruto...maybe...

I sang as I walked along, I was now far away from Kakashi and the others.  I heard a twig snap nearby and I quickly got into a fighting stance holding a kunai out in front of me.  I looked around.  Nothing....maybe I really am going crazy...I straitend up from my crouch putting my kunai away and as soon as I did a need hit my leg.  I let out a small whine as I yanked it out noticing that part of it was discolored.  I felt myself getting dizzy.  "Shit..." I said as I fell to the ground dropping the needle.  Before I blacked out I saw a girly looking guy smiling down at me...."Haku...." I whispered as my eyes closed.