XXII: he bulldozed my life

"Taylor, we've found Tank!" Matt exclaimed, rushing into the room. That was fast. Too fast. Maybe he wanted to be found.

"Did you find David too?" I asked, my heart rate accelerating as I hopped out of bed in the soft pajamas that Matt's wife had kindly provided. They weren't silk, Cotten actually, but they were comfortable enough.

At around seven last night, she walked into the room and handed me the pajamas. She'd been remorseful for what had happened to me although she didn't know. That must be the worst part of marrying a government agent, secrets always.

"I'm sorry that all this is happening to you." She had said, a remorseful look on her face. I nodded.

She had seen the messages too. She had seen all the things Tank had sent me beginning with the threat and ending with pictures of David being tortured. I wanted to cry and pull my hair out when I saw them.

Tank 10:23 pm
That is too late! Perhaps in the morning Taylor. Reply or I will come to your home and we can talk there. See you tomorrow morning. I have more news for you.

His name might have been bulldozer because that's what he did to my life.

Tank 8:45 am
I have your boyfriend. Show yourself or he dies.

Tank 9:30 am
You heartless bitch. You're really going to let the man you love die for that.

Tank 10:02 am
Loverboy is still denying her existence. It's clear in his eyes that he knows Taylor Blakely.

Tank 10:03 am
DNA testing on his saliva completed. I had thought he was with Taylor Blakely due to swollen lips and tinted cheeks, he also had a sheen of sweat when we had grabbed him. Perhaps nerves from either us or his girlfriend.

Tank 11:20 am
Confirmed. Taylor Lance Blakely's DNA was found in his saliva. To Dr. Mars- my speculation was correct they had been recently kissing. He had a hickey on his collarbone. Redness turned purple.

Tank 11:23
Hello, Taylor. These messages were meant for elsewhere. Disregard and ignore. If you sow these to anyone then..

Then came the pictures, the threats of all the awful things he could do to David. The threat was the thing that had gotten me to tears. I was so afraid for David's life. The next twelve messages were just pictures of David. He was tied to a chain in a dark room, nothing looked familiar to me except that his shirt was being used as a blindfold. There were two pictures of guns and five of knives and ropes. The last three were David's strong physique declaring that he didn't know me. Little did he know that they already knew. Thanks to Tanks terrible texting and his accidental message to me.

I had given my phone to Matt, unable to look at it anymore. This was all my fault- no, it was my fathers fault. I would get my revenge on that man if I ever saw him again.

"I'm not sure the Tank you drew is the same. Come to the station with me, you can help identify which man it is." I nodded roughly, rushing out of bed and following behind Matt in the pajamas. It was freezing this morning but I didn't mind. It froze the emptiness momentarily.

        "Wait dad!" Macy ran down the stairs and jumped into Matt's arms, "in case you go away for a long time, I want to hug you." She grasped onto him like it was life or death, which it may as well have been.

        "I'll be back tonight Macy," Matt hugged her back as he was on one knee.

        "Okay daddy." She smiled, letting go and rushing to where Diana stood. It was sad that each time Matt left the house, they said goodbyes like it was their final goodbyes. There was so much love in this family. Matt walked over to Diana and pressed his lips to hers, whispering something in her ear as she smiled and kissed him once more. He then turned to me and gestures that we get going. He looked flustered and I found it adorable.

        He drove carefully- too carefully and pulled up into a deserted place. This didn'ts look like a station. My heart began to race. What is Matt was the one trying to lure me in by trying me to trust him then giving me over. Shock filled me as it became difficult to breathe. I couldn't trust anyone.

        "Relax, it's hidden, come on." He smiled warmly, "we can't have people knowing where the CIA is located- especially not on a time sensitive case like this one."

        I followed him out, walking a safe distance behind him so I could run if I needed to. We walked inside a cave and white bright lights immediately turned on.

        "ENTER VERIFICATION CODE NOW." A loud buzzing voice shouted at us. It sounded like an elevator voice as he tapped in a few numbers and an elevator appeared out of nowhere. I took in all the sights, my mouth probably hanging open all the way to Pluto at that moment. We walked inside the elevator and Matt put in another code to get somewhere else.

        "So let us know if the man you see is this guy who calls himself Tank. We've found a man from Florida who's name is Lloyd Wavers. He came here five months ago to possibly escape jail time for pirating movies. He had taken a big chunk of money from his bank account and hasn't been seen since. This guy must be living in his car or something because our records indicate he hasn't bought or payed for anything in the last five months. There's another man..." I zoned out as Matt continued talking. The Lloyd man must be Tank because he lived in an underground tree place.

        When the elevator came to a stop, my heart raced like crazy when pictures of the man called Tank were played across huge screens. My eyes bulged as I stared.

        "That... that's him." I shuddered as heads turned to look at me.