Epilogue: Ciel

I woke up to the sound of water; where am I?

“You’re awake, Young Master?”

I sat up, “I must have been sleeping for a while now.” I looked down into the water and saw what looked to be pieces of my life. “Is this my cinematic record?”

Sebastian nodded, “it seems to have drifted all the way here.”

A thin layer of fog surrounded us as we traveled further down the river, “so this is the life I’ve lived. I’m dead now.”  I sighed, it didn’t hurt as much as I expected.

“Not yet, I will be delivering your death.”

He’s so calm, but I can tell on the inside he’s more than happy to be taking my soul. “Elizabeth is sure to cry. She was a sobbing mess when Madam Red died.”

“Her love for you runs very deep My Lord. You were being mulish at Madam Reds funeral; she cried your tears and hers.”

I thought about the servants, Finny, Mey-Rin and Bard. They had served me for so long. Uncommonly stubborn, but loyal.  “Are the servants dead?”

“I’m not sure My Lord. They were breathing the last time I saw them. Shall I collect Plutos bones?”

I continued to stare at the water, “what meaning do bones have?” Small glowing lights started to emerge from the fog, “what is this?”

“They are the feelings held for you by the people that have passed through your life.”

I watched them swirl through the air, “feelings for me; they’re very pretty.” Parting with everyone doesn’t make me feel loneliness or sadness. I thought about Kaylien, I wonder how she feels. Leaving everyone so suddenly without getting the chance to say goodbye. Having to experience something like that over and over would take its toll on someone like her. “All my targets for revenge are gone; even I am gone.” I could make out the shape of an island in front of us; so that is where I end. “I am Ciel Phantomhive…just Ciel Phantomhive.”

  Sebastian steered the boat to shore and carried me through the ruins of buildings. He set me down on a stone bench, “did you deliver the letter like I asked?”

He nodded, “everything is taken care of.”

I looked up, “will it hurt?”

“A bit, I’ll be as gentle as possible.”

I shook my head, “go ahead and be brutal. Carve the pain into my soul to prove that I lived.”

I noticed his shocked facial expression; he quickly wiped it away and bowed for the last time, “yes My Lord.”

He walked toward me and removed my eye patch; letting it fall into the dirt. I closed my eyes and felt the pain of my body being torn apart.

He is My Butler

My demon

My death

My heart started racing.

My bodyguard

Now my executioner

I can’t feel my physical body; nothing but pain and my racing heartbeat. I can’t even tell if I’m breathing anymore.

My servant

Now my master

My nothing

My all

My heart was slowing down; enjoy my soul Sebastian, every last bit of it.

 My beginning

And my end.

My heart stopped.