Chapter Fourteen: Kaylien Part Two

I worked hard on this I really hope you like it! Another update coming soon -Violet

“Get off me Grell your stupid long hair is suffocating me!” The Earl shoved him causing the coffin we were hiding in to rock back and forth. “Will you two shut up; you’re going to get us caught!” I shifted, accidently elbowing Sebastian. "Shut up Kaylien you’re not a part of this,” Grell spat. “You ass!” I reached over to strangle him when Undertaker started tapping on the lid of the coffin. “This is our chance, everyone out now!” The Earl cracked the lid open and hopped out; followed by Grell, Sebastian and me. We ducked into a bush and watched Undertaker talk with the man standing at the entrance.

How did that moron not see us? I thought right before he smiled at us, “you can come in too.” Surprised, we left Undertaker and followed the man inside. “I thought you said it was going to be hard to get in here,” I whispered. “Shut up Kaylien,” the Earl mumbled.

We found ourselves inside a huge chapel decorated with stain glass windows; a strange symbol in the center. The Earl was staring at the mark; his body was shaking, “young master are you alright?” Sebastian asked. He nodded, not taking his eyes off the symbol.

Three boys ran up to Grell, “hello unclean one!” They smiled acting like it was normal to call someone unclean. Grells face was priceless; he looked like a giant tomato. “Who are you calling unclean!” He punched one of the poor boys in the head, “I’m unclean I’m unclean!” They ran away screaming. “Sorry about that, once you’re over a certain age everyone calls you unclean.” A young woman approached us; she was wearing an outfit similar to mine. She smiled, “my names Mathilda Simmons are you newcomers?” The Earl finally tore his eyes away from the symbol, we watched Sebastian flirt with the nun; all of us sharing the same facial expression. The Earl sighed and grabbed both Grell and my wrist, “c’mon guys I think Sebastian can handle this on his own.” He spat the words out like venom. Jealous Earl? I snickered as he led us outside.  

We stood outside in the dark waiting for Sebastian to finish “getting information” from the nun. The Earl stood with his arms crossed; Grell growling in jealousy. “That’s it! That woman’s’ name is going on the to die list!” He started scribbling on a piece of paper. “I wouldn’t object to that,” I mumbled. The Earl looked at me through the corner of his eye and smiled. “It’s Sebastian isn’t it, but what about Finny?” I glared at him, “what are you talking about?”

“I’m not stupid Kaylien; I know that you have feelings for that stupid gardener, but by what you said just now; I bet you like Sebastian too.”

“I do not like Sebastian!”

“Is that so? Then I guess it shouldn’t bother you that he’s in there with a woman that isn’t you. You’re just as angry as Grell; it’s written all over your face.” He smirked. Do I really like Sebastian? ...No, he’s creepy, dark…Mysterious, elegant, smart, dedicated, charming and…oh god I like Sebastian! I was too focused on my inner battle to notice the Earl tugging on my arm, “we can go in now. That is, if you can go in there without attacking the nun that did what you wish you could do.” He laughed evilly. “Shut up Earl before I punch you.”

We walked in; joining their conversation, the nun was combing through her hair. I stood by Grell who was obviously just as angry as I was.

“Stupid woman taking Bassy away from me,” Grell growled.

“Shut up or she’ll hear you!” I elbowed him in the ribs.

“Don’t tell me what to do!” He yelled. “

“You’re causing a scene!” I yelled; not realizing the others were staring at us. “Is there something you wish to share?” Sebastian asked, giving me a funny look. “Yes, is there something bothering you? You know you can tell us anything,” Ciel said sarcastically. “I’m fine; just continue with what you were saying.”