Chapter eighteen: Kaylien

I cried when I wrote this.

Journal:

I feel horrible for letting Sebastian do those things to me; I care about him even though he is a jerk, but I care about Finny too. I told him that I love him, but do I really? Was it just lust with Sebastian and me looking for someone to actually care about me like with Finny? If I did love him than the rose would’ve gone away; it faded once when I thought about him, why won’t it disappear? Maybe I have love confused with something else; I have to test it.

---

I slammed my journal shut and rushed outside; accidently bumping into Mey-Rin. “Sorry!” I yelled. I ran through the garden; where are you Finny? I finally spotted him with Pluto; he smiled and waved.

“Hi Kaylien!” I stared into his beautiful turquoise eyes before grabbing his shoulders and pressing my lips onto his. My heart was pounding, I’m actually kissing him! I felt his body relax; he cupped my face and finally returned the kiss. We stayed like that until he pulled away; he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, “that was my first kiss.”

I smiled and hugged him; I really love him. “I love you Kaylien,” he whispered in my ear.

“I love you…” pain shot through the left side of my body and quickly spread. My insides are burning! I clutched the left side of my chest. “Make it stop!” I screamed before collapsing to the ground. I struggled to breathe, but my lungs refused to work; am I dying?

“Kaylien!” I heard Finny yell. I felt him cradle me. “Can you hear me…Kaylien answer me!”

It was getting harder to focus; everything’s so blurry. I felt blood running down my chin, “Finny,” I managed to choke out.

“You’re going to be ok I promise; I’m not going to let you die.”

I was already gone.    

--- Dream

I was standing by myself in nothing but darkness; am I dead? “Hello?” I called, praying for an answer. Footsteps echoed through the darkness until a figure stood in front of me.

“It’s nice to see you again Kaylien; how have things been treating you?”

“You…you’re the one who caused all this! Did you really have to kill me though, or are you just a sore loser?” I yelled at the silver haired man.

He smirked, “you’re not dead I just wanted to talk.”

I laughed, “Talk about what? How you’ve lost your little game? You said the game stops when someone can love me despite the things I’ve done and I found him! Game over!”

“Do you love him like you loved Hikari in Japan? Or what about Rei back in South America? Or Rajkumar in India? All of those men you claimed you loved with all your heart, but yet here you are.”