As Harry stood at the foot of my bed, we stared at each other in silence. Nothing came out of our lips for several minutes. I wasn’t going to be the one to break this nerve wrecking silence. My hands were beginning to become sticky, so I wiped them along the covers of the bed. After a few more moments of agonizing eye contact, he spoke up.

“How are you feeling?” The voice that had given me chills was suddenly very comforting. It sounded almost like he actually cared.

I contemplated on this theory. After a while of pondering, I realized that my mom had once told me that he was a caring man that has only been looking for my interests. I never paid much mind to this, because he never appealed to me in any way. He would never replace my father. Ever… But as I looked at the man in front of me, I saw, just for a flicker of a second, a man of true humility. He looked humble, and even tired.

I looked down at my lap sadly. He must have been up almost all night looking after me.

Maybe Harry did care?

Maybe I should give him a chance…

I looked back up at him and said, “I’m fine.” I couldn’t utter another word. Instead, I mustered up the strength to give him a small smile. This must have been a huge shock to him, because he smiled back, nodded in my direction, and headed out the door, content.

That was the most decent conversation we have ever had. It was a slight exchange that sent a huge message. Still, I’m not a hundred percent certain about him, but I am certain enough to know that it won’t bother me too much to have him in the same room as me.

 I lay back down in my bed, and drifted into a dreamless slumber.

**

Harry’s P.O.V.

I walked out of the room, happy that I was able to make Ana smile. Usually she gave me harsh glances and looked away almost instantly.

I was going to win her over, even if it was the last thing I do, which I have a feeling that it just might be.

I have known that Damien was Ana’s guardian angel. I also knew that Sam was her guardian before Damien’s. You are probably wondering how I know this and how I’m not dead yet for knowing such things.

The answer to that is that I’m the leader of the guardian angel sector. My assignment is Ana’s mom. Just because I am the leader, doesn’t mean I don’t have a job. At this very moment, I knew that Ben would be after Ana’s mother. He, after all, was responsible for the deaths of bother her father and Sam. I don’t understand how he never got punished for what he did, though he isn’t a guardian. He never was. He was just a regular angel that roamed the skies. He had fallen in love and was sent to be a fallen angel.

He should have been sentenced to death. Just like Sam was. Sam was such a great young man. I had such High hopes for him. Just when he had fallen for Ana he, he was murdered on the spot. Another thing that truly has me baffled is how Ben had known. He is just a fallen angel. Fallen Angels aren’t in control of who dies in our world.

I got this sudden urge to go to head over to Reina’s house. That is Ana’s mother’s name. I could feel her troubles. It seemed to me that she was being held hostage. This theory sent me running out the hospital and my wings spread out. I flew into the air, and soared to her house.

Whatever is hold Reina hostage is going to die, before they kill her…

Knowing that Damien would do anything to keep harm from Ana, I knew he would be at the house already. He already knew something was going on.

How? I’m not so sure. He is a very gifted guardian; he stood up when no one wanted to take the position of a mess of a girl’s guardian. I have nothing but good things to say about him.