Part 12.. Plan B

Harry headed off the airport and once inside he made some discreet enquiries.   Armed with his new information he made his way into a corridor marked MEMBERS ONLY.   At the end was an Orange door marked MEMBERS LOUNGE.   He entered and glanced around.  Tables with comfortable looking seats adorning them were plentiful and comfortably spaced apart.  About a third of them were occupied.  A quick scan at the occupants led him to approach a man of around 40 years old  and a younger man of maybe 20. " Excuse me sir" he said to the older man,"but is your name Alan Maine?"   "That would be me"  he said standing up.  Harry introduced himself and told him  "I was told I would find you here. I understand you have a Cherokee Piper here that you own and pilot yourself?"  I do he replied but what is your interest in this?  Putting on his most serious face Harry said "Sir I don't wish to alarm you but I have been asked to discreetly give you this note.  It was passed to me by someone I know is very reputable."  Harry handed him a small envelope telling him the note was inside and please to read it immediately.  Looking mystified Alan Maine reached for the envelope and as their hands touched Harry captured Alans Mind.  Slumping back down into his seat he looked lost for a moment and then recovering his composure he opened the envelope and slid out the note and studied it.  "I see" He said frowning deeply.  "Dad! whats wrong" said the younger man that Harry now knew was his  son. 

 We have a problem son he told him lowering his voice. I will be needing your help and I really need you to trust me on this.  Drive to this address right now and meet up with  a young couple who will be expecting you.  Most importantly this is a secret so tell no one at all.  Wait until no one will be able to see you and slip up the their room,  31 on the 1st floor.  Tell them this is "B".  
Wait with them for us.  They are called May and George.  Turning to Alan Harry told him that he would remain with him to sort out the details and then they would join his son and the others.

Julian Maine was feeling completely baffled by the turn of events  and also slightly hurt.  His Dad had just put his trust in this so called stranger, which led him to believe he did somehow already know of him and   Yet  he hadn't even introduced him to this guy as his son.  And now he was leaning on him to also trust him,  and just accept the fact that all of their own plans were now ruined.  Who was this jerk and what was so life changing that his dad read in that mysterious note he had been passed.  Julian trusted his dad and actually they were very close so until he knew what the problem was he would do as his father had asked, although he was worried and feeling very alarmed.  reluctantly he drove to the address that he had been given (which in effect turned out to be only 5 minutes drive away).  He parked close to the entrance door but next to a long brick wall where it looked very dark.

Waiting until he could see that the single reception desk had become deserted he slipped inside and quickly climbed the stairs to the first floor of the tiny hostel.  He tapped quietly on the door of number 31.  Immediately the door opened and a very nice looking girl ushered him inside.  "Are you May?" he asked "I am Julian, My father is Alan and he is going to arrived in a little while with your associate.  He told me to tell you that this is B.  Whatever that may mean."   Looking visibly relieved May introduced her brother George as she proffered her hand and they all shook hands.  Smiling she told him that their associate as he called him had a name and it was Harry.  She also apologised for all of the cloak and dagger and explained that as soon as the others arrived they would fill him in on what was occurring.  Julian told the two siblings of the mysterious note that had been passed to his dad.  May smiled to herself guessing that the note was almost certainly just a blank piece of paper and the information that his dad now possessed would be one of Harry's scary mind transfers.  Also plan B sounded a bit  more reassuring.  At least it sounded a lot better than no plan at all.

After about an hour Harry tapped on their door and when they opened it he was with a stranger, who was obviously Julians dad Alan.  Harry told Alan and his son to wait a moment while he went down to introduce himself at reception.  "You  come with me May and we will have a word at the desk."     

With May in tow Harry went down to the desk and caught the eye of the young man who was now attending it.  We are all pretty tired he told him and we have a really early flight in the morning.  We have to collect our tickets at 5 30 so we would ask that we are not disturbed before we leave.  Perhaps give us a call at 4 30 if that is possible.  The man assured them it would be no problem and bid them good night. "Thank you very much" said Harry and reached out and shook the mans hand.    They went back to the room and once inside Harry told them to gather the cases and any other belongings they might have and that they were going to leave right now.  "What about the man on the desk?"  May asked him.  Won't he think all of this is very weird?  "He won't see us walk past him" Harry told her, he will think we are all still safely tucked up in our room.  They carried their cases down and  past the small reception desk and the man didn't even glance up.  Alan seemed to take this wonder in his stride and Julian just gave up and went with the flow.  It was all too much to take in.  Out into the car park they slipped into the land rover.  "Now we have bought ourselves some time.  At least hopefully until  4 30 when no doubt they will discover we have already left".