03

Y/N slowly straightened her car as she backed in and out of a near by spot in the school parking lot. Her driving method was a lot different compared to how Stiles drives his jeep. He's very jerky and always just swerved into a parking spot. That didn't matter now though because until Stiles starts 'feeling better', Y/N offered to drive him to and from school. With his falling asleep in class and ability to easily zone out, she would be lying if she said she wasn't hesitant on letting him drive.

Once she was even enough on both sides, she turned the key out of the ignition and glanced over at Stiles who wasn't quite aware that they had arrived. She looked to where his eyes were focused which was on his twiddling fingers. Y/N sighed and moved her hand to hold his as she leaned forward to get into his peripheral vision.

"Hey, you okay?" She smiled at him but she not matter how hard she tried she still couldn't completely hide the concern in her eyes.

"Yeah, fine." Stiles peeked up a little bit but Y/N couldn't help but also feel that this was just a cover up for what Stiles was really feeling. She pulled they interlocked hands to her lips and pecked a kiss on his and have him a smile.

"Okay, let's go."

They both got out of the car and headed inside the school to get to their first stood class, which luckily, they had together. Y/N verse to the left when she noticed that Stiles was going to the right.

"Umm, Stiles?" she called after him.

"Yeah?" He turned back around but an expression of confusion went across his face as he realized that he might have been going to wrong way.

"Mr. Yukimora's room is this way." Y/N nodded her head toward the left hallway.

"Right, yeah. I knew that, I'm just...a little disoriented today." He walked on past, leaving Y/N to trail not far behind him. How could he forget where a room was that he had already spent a whole semester in? she thought.

As Y/N entered the classroom she made eye contact with the Scott who furrowed his eyebrows at her. What's wrong, he mouthed. Y/N responded by gesturing towards the boy in front of him. Once she sat down next to Scott he asked her, "Are you two okay?"

"It's not that. He isn't okay."?Before Scott could ask any further questions they both turned to the sound of the classroom door closing. "I'll tell you later."

"Alright class. May I have a volunteer for the next chapter in the reading?" As usual, there were no volunteers. "Mr. Stilinski? How 'bout you?" Although it was more of a command rather than an actual question.

Stiles shot his head up from the desk, looking nervous. "Umm...uh m-maybe somebody else could?"

"Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski." Stiles left out a breath as if preparing himself for the train wreck that was about to ensue. He slowly made his way to the podium where the textbook was laying open to the page of whatever lesson they were on in this class. Stiles hadn't been paying much attention in school lately. He couldn't think straight most of the time.

Stiles looked into the crowd of classmates only to stop on Y/N. She gave him a comforting nod and smiled as if to say "Go on. It's okay." Y/N became a little worried, however, when she remembered how he told her last night that he had been having trouble reading. But he gave a slight nod in return began scanning the pages. He opened his mouth to start reading but before he could, the words started moving. The letters were literally falling from the page. Separating until there was nothing but blank space.

Stiles felt his pulse speed up and his breath began coming in quicker pants. He didn't know what to do. He looked up and say half the class looking in other directions, bored from what they thought was routine. Scott was looking over some notes he got from Lydia because, like always, he forgot to study. Y/N was straightening her supplies on her desk. When she looked up, she was the only one to notice Stiles visibly shaking.

"Stiles? You okay?" she asked gently as she slowly got up from her seat. Her voice caught Scott's attention.

Stiles looked back down at the textbook and started to sway, grasping on the podium to steady himself. Scott took action and immediately went to the podium to allow his best friend someone to lead him off.

"Maybe we should take him to the nurse's office." Mr. Yukimora nodded his head, nervous for the friend of the boy whom his daughter was definitely crushing on.

Y/N followed Scott, with his hand guiding Stiles, out of the classroom and towards the boys' bathroom. She didn't care at this point. She was going to make sure that her boyfriend was okay.

Less than a second after bursting through the door, Stiles shrugged out of Scott's grip and lunged for the sink. Gripping it with both hands, he tried to steady himself once again with little to no avail.

"Stiles? Stiles are you okay?" Scott's voice was distant in Stiles's ears. "Is this a panic attack?"

Is this a panic attack?

Stiles just shook his head. "It's just a dream. This is just a dream." His breaths were becoming faster and heavier now as if he was struggling to breathe.

Y/N could only watch in melancholy as she realized that this has happened many times before. Stiles couldn't distinguish reality from his dreams.

"This isn't a dream," she tried to turn Stiles around to get him to see her. To make eye contact with her. "This is real. Scott and I, we're real. We're right here with you." Stiles tried to life his head to look at her. He tried to focus on her voice, her sweet voice that resembled the sound of an distant angel trying to pull him from the darkness and uncertainty that now clouded his mind. He couldn't hold her gaze for very long, however, and began wheezing and clutched his chest.

"What do you usually do?" Scott asked, leaning forward to try reach Stiles more clearly. "What do up do to figure out if your dreaming?"

Fingers, Y/N thought. She remembered how Stiles would always fumble with his hands, but more so recently. That wasn't just his usual ADHD though. He was counting his fingers.

"Fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams. Hey, Stiles," Y/N grabbed his face with her hands and forced him to meet her eyes. "Listen to me, okay? You need to count with us. Okay, look at Scott."

Scott started to lift each finger one at s time. "One. Two..."

"C'mon Stiles, what comes next?"

In between pants, Stiles focused his blurry vision on Scott's hands. "Th-three. Four..." He lowered his head again and let out a barely audible cry.

Y/N felt tears behind her eye lids. She hated to see Stiles in pain. He had no idea what was happening to him and neither did anyone else. She didn't know what else to do except to stay with him and hope that he snaps out of it soon.

"Five. Six...C'mon man," Scott continued until eventually joined in the chanting again. Together they finished, "Se-Seven. Eight. N-Nine. Ten."

Stiles's breathing began to regain it's normal pattern and his hand loosened the grip on his shirt near his chest.

"Ten," Scott repeated. "You see that? Ten." From the look in Stiles's eyes, Y/N and Scott could tell that he understood and could see that there were, in fact, only five fingers on each of Scott's hands.

Stiles let out a huge, relieved sign as he roughly lowered himself of a sitting position on the tiled floor. "What the hell is happening to me?"

"I don't know, Stiles. But whatever it is, you're gonna be okay."

"Am I?"

Those two words caused Y/N's heart to break. If he was going to be okay, he had to believe it himself. She worried that Stiles was slipping away too quickly. Whatever this is that's causing him to be scared and in pain, he will get through it.

He has to.

"You have to."

Stiles tried to smile at his girlfriend's attempt at optimism, but his eyes still glistened with fear and anxiety. How can she say he was going to be okay if no one even knew what was wrong with him?

A/N: So this chapter was probably longer than it needed to be but oh well.

-abiraewrites