chapter 6-

Chapter 6-

"***has been removed***

If you want to keep reading it's being sold as an e-book for the kindle on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Heart-Liela-Hafez-ebook/dp/B00H0FIZAK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386430866&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=pure+heart+leila+hafez

copy link into URL

Chapter 6-

"Our track meet is in a week in a half, so I need you guys to start taking practice seriously." Everyone glanced  toward me for some reason, even coach. I shrugged my shoulder in confusion. He shook his head at me dissapointly but I was to busy in my thoughts, that I didn't really want to interpret what he was trying to say---or more like, I didn't care. "Your uniforms are in that box over there. After practice, go give your name to that girl over there." He pointed to a short girl on the other side of the field. "By the way, she'll also give you everything you'll need at the meets. So water and food are going to be given to you at meet, so there's no need for you to get your own. Also no school bags, you're gonna be here setting up." Everyone groaned. Someone shouted "At least we don't have to go to class!" and everyone shook their head in agreement.  But still, setting up the place would be very tiring.  We will have to set up these huge tents for the other teams to sit on, set out a food station for the coaches, and they usually make us walk the course to make sure that it's all good...

******

I was panting for breath after practice. My heart beat was so fast. I leaned down and rested my hands to my knees, trying to catch some breath. Soon enough though I was back to normal--breathing like a normal person. That was the fastest recovery I think I've ever done! Must be a sign that I'm getting better at this! Right?

 I headed to where the girl is supposed to be, but she wasn't there. At first I was really annoyed, it was already five o'clock, and I wanted to go home. I waited for her; maybe she went to the bathroom I thought. But she didn't come.  It past ten minutes--or at least it feels like ten minutes--and she still wasn't here! I was starting to get impatient.  I was about to turn around and leave, but because there was a tap on my shoulder.

"May I help you?" the deep voice said. My body sivered as I heard the voice, it was so familiar.  The deepness in the voice was so deep yet so high, so scary yet so relaxing, it was all like opposites. Sometimes I wonder how that's possible though.  It's just like when you're falling off the highest peak of a rollar coaster.  In that moment you feel extrememly nervous or scared and at the same time you feel the opposite--enegetic, excited! That's how I felt right now.

The man cleared his throught and asked me the question again.

 Suddenly I realized who it was. The way he just cleared his throat, Noah does that before he starts talking to me It's Noah I thought. But anyone can clear their throat. But no, I think that it is Noah, even though I usually feel Noah, and I don't right now, I think it's him.  I'm kind of convicing myself because I really wanted to see him.  It's been a while.  I smiled thinking of Noah's beautiful face.

 He tapped my shoulder and I spun my head around. I gave a long and tired sigh. The excitement in me fell. "My name is Casey. Casey M. Perugy. "I said gloomy. Why did my heart feel sad all of a sudden? Because he wasn't Noah. He was some random guy I had no interest in. I huffed and puffed furiously, as I waited for the guy to get my uniform.

"Medium, correct?"

"Yup." I replied giving a last puff.

I held up my uniform out in front of me as I walked back home. I think I should have ordered large shorts, because the medium reached my upper thigh. Too short for me.