Chapter 3-

• Dedicated to Stephanie

*edited by: D.G* Thanks once again... :)! U Make my work easier... Always!

Chapter 3-

It's been a week since the incident with Marcie and I don't know how well I've been handling it.  I haven't been really crying or anything, but I wasn't not feeling anything either. This is the reason why I'm scared. If I lost a best friend, shouldn't I be feeling upset?  I guess too much pain is too hard to handle, so it just disappears?

  I missed a couple of days in school and just stayed at home all day thinking about the whole fight thing. I don't know whether it's my fault or hers. After all, she did know I was going out with Jake--so I guess it was her fault. But I still don't know if I'm ready to lose Marcie. Maybe I should just forgive her, so we can be friends again--NO WAY.

Later that afternoon my mom knocked on my bedroom door and she peeked in.

  "Honey, are you feeling okay? You look depressed. Do you want me to make some cupcakes or some of your favorite soup? It would help." She suggested. I didn't reply; I wasn't in the mood for anything. Not even my favorite soup.  She tilted her head as if not knowing what I was signaling to her.

"I don't want anything mom, but thanks anyway." She started to turn back in her tracks, but she suddenly stopped and turned back to look at me.

"Well, I think you should go take a walk in the park or something. And honey, if there's anything, I'm here for you. You can talk to me anytime." Finally, she turned around and headed back from wherever she came.  She was just being a mother, i knew that.

I decided on taking my mother's advice. However, instead of going to the park, I went to watch a movie Marcie and I were supposed to watch together. As I headed down the balcony stairs, I noticed the strange man once again. I knew he was watching me, and for once I didn't care. It was a risky decision, but...

I'll just end up telling my mom about him, we'll get him to the police, and this man will be gone and done with. Just like he did with me one night, I didn't even look at him and quietly walked away.

***********************************************************

I watched the screen turn a variety of colors as the scene changed. The characters were in an open field, getting ready to sprint toward the cornucopia with weapons in it. Several minutes later, the two partners get separated and the twist of events starts to happen. Her partner seems as if he's going against her, but really he's not. I've read the book The Hunger Games, which they turned into a movie, because it was such an epic book. In the end, I was satisfied with the film. It did indeed help me feel a little better and forget about this mess in my life.

As I stood in the line to get a Coke, I noticed the strange boy from the train walk up to me. He was wearing plaid shorts and a plain T-shirt. He was awfully gorgeous. I didn't know if I should talk to him or not, but after those visions, where he kills the girl; I just don't know if I can even look at him. 

Well, I could look at him, because he was so handsome and attractive.  He pulled my eyes like a magnet but somehow I managed to just stareat the head of the person in front of me and pretend  that the gorgeous boy wasn't there standing right next to me.  I begged god that he would talk to me. Or actually no, I didn't want him to talk to me--he was a murdered--but no, I wanted him to speak to me for some reason.  Please!  

There was a abrupt tap on my shoulder and I turned my head around in his direction. Yes!!!!!

"I didn't know you liked watching people die." He commented. He smiled at me while putting his hands in his pockets."I thought it was a great movie, what'd you think?"