Chapter 5-

Chapter 5-

If you want to keep reading it's being sold as an e-book for the kindle on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Heart-Liela-Hafez-ebook/dp/B00H0FIZAK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386430866&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=pure+heart+leila+hafez

copy link into URL

Chapter 5-

When I opened my eyes, I saw wires hanging from ceilings, things attached from big sacs of clear liquid to different parts of my body .

There is a butterfly needle in the curve of my arm that is sucking out blood and there is a fresh scent of clean linen and-- a weird smell that I can't seem to recognize--it smelled like a hospital. That antibiotic, Clorox, and hospital smell. The way everything is so white and clean, it definitely couldn't be my room.

I looked around; and indeed I was in a hospital. Why am I in a hospital? What happened?

I pull my arm up and look for my watch. It's wasn't there. The nurse probably took it off because she had to put that bandage wrap on my wrist. Idiot! Now I have no idea what day it is or what time. Darn!

Okay, the last thing that happened was.... then I remembered. It hit me like a thousand pound boulder. I felt my body get heavier and I was holding back tears; my poor doggy. I tried opening and shutting my eyes, shaking my head slightly, trying to wake myself from this horrible dream; but I knew I was only fooling myself. My doggy had died and he was gone--forever--all because of him--Mr.Strange.

I have to tell mom! They have to find this strange man right now or else I'll die of depression. I need my revenge...

I tried getting out of bed, but the stupid wires pulled me back. In the begining, I tried to untie the wires--unplugging things here and there, unlooping them--but it didn't seem to work. I knew it was a risk, I might need one of these things that they are pumping into my body, but I had to tell mom. I had to get revenge.

So I just decided to pull free like a person ripping through ropes.

As I struggled free, the needle cut through my skin, and I yelped. The pain was just for a sting second, but it still hurt. I immediately covered the scratches with my other hand; even though it was thin, the cuts were bleeding a lot. There were several on my arms but less on my leg.

I looked around the room for tissues, bandages, anything that covered the bleeding. After minutes of looking, I finally got my hands on a bandage. Quickly covering the scratch, I ran out to get my mom.

I rush out and all I see are nurses holding old ladies, and walking around. I was the only one running in the hall--so much for trying to hide that I just ran out of my room. I was barefoot and the tiles were cold on my feet; sending chills up my spine, I shivered.

I tried to find a person that would help me find my mom, ignoring the random chills. I go up to a desk with what looked like secretaries; but once I walk up there, one of the women had a hamburger from McDonald's and was munching away. The other three looked like they were doing some important work on the computer so I decided to ask the munching, McDonald's lady.

I waited for her to say something like 'Can I help you?' or what normal secretaries do, but she kept chewing. She was eating as if she hadn't eaten in thousands of years! I noticed the ketchup splattered all over her mouth, disgusting.

If she was going to ignore me, then I was going to ask her.

"Um, excuse m-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence because the heavy lady cut me off

"Can't you see I'm eating?" She shook her head in disapproval. "People these days, what a shame..." I stared at her confused. What did she mean by that? I didn't do anything wrong I thought. Did I? I replayed the whole tape of me walking up to her in my head. Nothing was wrong, I did nothing.