Chapter Two: Sibling Rivalry

Rouge made his way to the edge of Anistar City, towards Route 17, also known as Mamoswine Road, a snowy route that can be traveled through by riding a Mamoswine. Rouge had used his own Mamoswine to get to Anistar City only a day earlier. He pulled out his Pokéballs to call out the rest of his team.

"Alright everyone, come on out!" Rouge threw all the Pokéballs up into the air, releasing his Pokémon. One by one they appeared in front of him: Delphox, Flygon, Lucario, Blaziken and then Eevee joined them. "Alright everyone, we lost our first battle against Olympia, the Anistar City Gym Leader, but we won't lose the next time we face her. We need to train harder than ever before. Once we win here all that's left is Snowbelle City and then we're in the Kalos League and we'll have the chance to face the Elite Four and the Champion! I know if we work hard we can do it. I was also thinking about bring in a new team member if needed, but first we'll see how training goes. Are you with me!?"

All of Rouges Pokémon cheered in agreement with their trainer. Rouge then matched Lucario with Blaziken and Delphox with Flygon for one on one battles while he and Eevee stood on the sidelines to watch. Looking at the form and power of his Pokémon's attacks he didn't understand what there was to improve for his battle. Frustrated with himself Rouge pulls out his badge case a looked over his badges. Thinking about what strategies he used in his previous Gym Battles to erne those badges. But even that didn't help.

As Rouge stood there, looking down at his badges, he suddenly heard familiar voices coming his way. One voice he didn't mind hearing. It was the voice of a friend from back home in Littleroot Town, Lee. The second was one to he wished he didn't hear. Rouges older brother Rodney was with Lee.

"It's a good thing I let you go first Lee. Now I know what strategy I should use in my battle." Rodney teasingly said to Lee.

"That's why you made my go first!? That's so mean Rodney!" Lee gave his old friend a little push in frustration and playfulness.

As the two drew closer to where Rouge was training with his Pokémon his brother Rodney suddenly looked up and saw his younger brother standing there, glaring at him.

"Well, well, look Lee, it's Rouge. Haven't seen you since you left home. How's you Gym Battles going little brother?" Rodney taunted Rouge.

"None of your business! Now go away! I have a lot of work to do and I don't need you here distracting me!" Rouge turned back to observe his Pokémon in battle.

"Oh?! By how your acting I think you've already went to challenge the Gym Leader and ended up losing. That's has to be it or else you wouldn't be sticking around here! Oh, that's just perfect isn't Lee?! We got here at just the right time!"

Anger started to build up inside of Rouge as his brother continued to laugh over his lost. It was always like this between these two brothers. Rodney would always pick on Rouge and make him feel like he was no good as a Trainer. Lee would often be placed in the middle to stop their fighting.

"Rodney, stop it. This isn't the reason for us being here. You were going to have a practice battle with me to get you ready for your Gym Battle latter. Let's go and leave Rouge alone." Lee said while trying to pull Rodney away.

"No! If my brother wants a practice battle then I'll be his opponent!" Rouge snapped as his Pokémon stood behind him to support their Trainer.

"Oh?! Someone is loaded with confidence. Fine, I'll have a battle with you. This will be a nice warm up for my own Gym Battle with Olympia, and it's a perfect chance to show my dear younger brother how strong my Pokémon team is. Let's go, Rouge."