Chapter One: The Pain of Defeat

Trainers travel to different regions to battle elite gym leaders to earn that gym's badge. It's no different for Rouge, a young trainer from the Hoenn Region who has traveled all the way to the Kalos Region to face the Gym Leaders and then to participate in the Kalos League. It started off as an ordinary battle in Anistar City. The Psychic-type using Gym Leader, Olympia was in the middle of a Gym Battle with Rouge.

He's had a long travel through the Kalos Region to have finally come to battle against the Psychic Gym Leader. The battle has been tough, Rouge was down to his last Pokémon while Olympia still had her two for the double battle. Rouge had his Eevee while Olympia had her two Meowstic. Rouge was putting up a great fight, but Olympia's Meowstic's incredible power was too much for Eevee to take.

"Eevee is unable to battle, the victory goes to Meowstic! Which means, that Gym Leader Olympia is the winner!" Olympia's assistant announced.

Rouge rushed onto the field to see if Eevee was alright. The damage he took was quite severe. He had to get him to the Pokémon Center right away to be taken care of.

"Create your own path. Let nothing get in your way. Your fate, your future. You may not have won today but come back when you're ready." Olympia's voice said in a welcoming tone for their next battle.

Rouge tightly held his precious Eevee in his arms. Tears about to fall from his eyes. He was the one who let this happen to Eevee. He wasn't a good enough trainer for him. To let his injuries, get this bad, it was all his fault.

"We'll be back Olympia, and when we do we'll be stronger. Then you'll be handing over that badge to me!" Rouge dashed out of the Anistar Gym to the Pokémon Center. When he got to the Pokémon Center he quickly rushed to the front desk to give Nurse Joy his Pokémon.

"Nurse Joy! Please help my Pokémon!" Rouge asked about out of breath.

"Don't worry. Your Pokémon are in good hands." Nurse Joy took Rouge's Pokémon to get treated.

Rouge sat and waited in the lobby. Trying to figure out a way to defeat Olympia in his next Gym Battle. He didn't have any Pokémon that have a really strong affects against Psychic-type Pokémon: Dark, Ghost, or Bug. With his mind totally focused on coming up with a new strategy for his next battle he didn't notice Eevee running up to him. Eevee jumped onto Rouge's lap, surprising him in the process.

"Eevee! You're all better now!? That was quick."

"That's what we do best here at the Pokémon Center. All your Pokémon have made a full recovery. Please come again at any time you would like us to give your Pokémon a checkup." Nurse Joy handed Rouge the rest of his Pokémon with a smile.

"Thank you Nurse Joey." Rouge took the rest of his Pokémon from Nurse Joy, but he still had no idea how he was going to beat Olympia and her Psychic Pokémon. "Nurse Joy, could you give me some advice on how to beat Olympia and her Psychic Pokémon."

"Advice? Well, all I can tell you is that she's a very powerful Gym Leader with great skill and a powerful bond with her Pokémon. It's not really advice, but it's all I can tell you. I'm sorry." Nurse Joy said in an apologetic tone.

"It's fine. I guess it's back to training until we can figure something out. I'm not going to give up after the first try. If I did that and went home I'll be looked down upon by the other trainers in my hometown. Let's go Eevee." Rouge stood up from his seat, bowed to thank Nurse Joy and then made his way out of the Pokémon Center with Eevee right behind him.

As he walked down the streets of Anistar City, he walked past the Anistar City Gym. From inside he could hear another Gym Battle going on. He wanted to see how Olympia's opponent was doing against her Psychic Pokémon, but he didn't have to time to do so. He has his own training to do if he wanted to win a Gym Badge at the Anistar City Gym. With a heavy sigh Rouge continued to walk pass Anistar City Gym. With a painful defeat on his shoulders, he has to find a way around Olympia's powerful Psychic Pokémon, or he might end up just going back home to the Hoenn Region defeated.

"Eevee, if we're going to defeat Olympia and her Psychic Pokémon we need to come up with a plan. Either we need to come up with great strategy for our next battle with some good hard training or we need to think about getting another teammate to help out in the battle. What do you think?" Rouge looked down at Eevee. Eevee just looked back up at Rouge and smiled.

"Yeah, I think so too."