Chapter 2

HERRO READERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've decided to update for you lovely people because this story surpassed the reads on my other story which had five parts when this one only had three... I say that deserves another chapter. 

Oh, and if you didn't receive your cookie yet, it probably got lost in the mail, sorry. PLEASE FORGIVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 

Anyways this chapter is dedicated to @onceuponatomlinson because she is amazing and this dedication is long overdue. So go read her story! Also, please vote for this chapter and the previous ones too. Maybe even comment?

------------------------------------------------------

"Eat your vegetables," Mother would tease. "Or the boogeyman might get you."

So I ate my vegetables.

"Clean your room, sweetheart," My father would say. "You don't want the boogeyman to get you, do you?"

So I cleaned my room.

Though they might have been joking, I knew the truth. I knew there really was a boogeyman and I wasn't going to risk not eating my vegetables or not cleaning my room just have him show up again like he did that one fateful evening. 

After that night... that terrible, terrible night, I never stepped foot in the dark again. I filled my room with multiple night lights, never entered a room that was too dark, and made sure I had a mini flashlight with me at all times. People might consider that being paranoid, but they didn't go through the experience I did. He.. he tortured me for hours on end, bringing my worst nightmares to life as punishment for ignoring him. That morning, when sunlight finally streamed through the window, causing him to disappear, I made a promise to myself that I would never let him get me again. 

And I'd kept that promise. Though there had been some close mishaps, I'd  managed to avoid him for 12 years. But my safety came at a price. I had to live my entire life in fear, not being able to enjoy the simple things in life.

For one: sleepovers.

As I got older I came to realize that sleeping with a night light was 'lame' and the other girls refused to use them, so as a result I didn't go to any sleepovers which then led to me having no friends. Until Louis came along, of course.

I can't remember exactly how we became best friends, but we did, and we've been inseparable ever since.

Though, at that moment, as I sat in class with him constantly poking me, I began to wonder why I ever became friends with him in the first place. 

"I will punch you, Lou." I hissed whilst taking notes, keeping my eyes on the board as the teacher continued to write about something that sounded like the American revolution.

Wait,  I thought I was in Calculus. 

He let out an amused snort, but complied, leaning back in his seat to look at the professor. Louis should have graduated the previous year, but his grades were not... 'acceptable' enough for him to pass. Which is why he was repeating his senior year with me. Not like I was complaining though. If he left I would have been alone and friendless.